Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI 6 rountr and PC laptop and Macbook Pro connection problems

Val2020
Follower

ORBI 6 rountr and PC laptop and Macbook Pro connection problems

I connected the Orbi 6 mesh router plus two satellites I got at Costco in our house with my iphone no problem. Second iphone connected in no time also. But both of our laptops did not want to connect. I also called the support number and after an hour of trying different things, the man on the other end just went silent on me pretending to not hear me. So I am about to return to Costco, but before I do so, I want to give this forum a chance in case somebody can help. Thanks in advance!

Here is some more info:

PC Windows laptop would see the router, but not connect when I would type the password. The error message would tell me that the password is incorrect (which it is not as I know the password) and not connect. I then tried to change the WPA type settings with the orbi app and when I had it on WPA2 and tried the sync button on the router, the PC laptop magically connected, despite the fact that I had tried the same settings before. I was suprised but happy, thinking I had solved the issue. Then I tried the same thing with the Macbook Pro. It keeps asking me to provide a WPA password. Well, I tried all kinds of WPA settings on the router, including WPA2, including the sync button that worked for the PC, but it does not connect. The only way I get it to connect is if I leave the network open (i.e. no WPA password), which I don't want to do permanently. I wonder if this is some kind of setting issue? That said, I don't want to spend hours every time I try to connect a new device, e.g. when we have guests over, which is why I am considering returning. Connecting to the internet should take 10 seconds. Please share your wisdom with me.

Thanks!

Here is the link to the purchased router in case the information there is useful:

https://www.costco.com/netgear-orbi-whole-home-mesh-wifi-6-system-with-advanced-cyber-security-3-pac...

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI 6 rountr and PC laptop and Macbook Pro connection problems

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo