Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI AX4200 - Cannot logout

sullivanpt
Aspirant

ORBI AX4200 - Cannot logout

Help I cannot logout of my Orbi Web Admin.

When I navigate to http://192.168.1.1 I am NOT presented with a login page; I'm already logged in.

If I then press the "logout" button on the top right it redirects to me a page that says I have logged out; however, if I then navigate back to the main admin I'm instantly logged in.  There is no security here; any user or application on my LAN has full access to the router web admin portal.  How can I make the web admin require a password to be entered?

For the record, I do have a password set. Also, the satellite web admin does prompt for a password; only the router admin has this always logged in thing.  Also, I uninstalled the Orbi App from my phone and rebooted the router, just in case the phone app was keeping the web admin authenticated (seems not).

Product  Orbi RBK753/AX4200

Firmware V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI AX4200 - Cannot logout

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? If not, try this. Be sure to clear all browser caches. I would use Edge to walk thru the setup wizard. Be sure to write down all important information during the setup wizard process. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to clear out all browser caches before entering the web page. Exit the browser then try again. 

This happen with other browsers?

Do you save the login info, admin and PW in the browser profie? 

Message 2 of 7
sullivanpt
Aspirant

Thanks, all good things to check; but it's not a browser auto sign in. I've tried on 2 browsers on my PC: chrome & edge. I've tried from the browser on my phone. I've tried from the browser on my son's PC. None encounter a password prompt.
Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? If not, try this. Be sure to clear all browser caches. I would use Edge to walk thru the setup wizard. Be sure to write down all important information during the setup wizard process. 

Message 4 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

You could also try changing the password and see what happens.  Any password helper plugin or saved cookies should fail once the password is different.

Message 5 of 7
sullivanpt
Aspirant

For the record, I tried to change the password to something else, but was unable to. The old "old password" would not accept anything I tried: leaving it blank, the factory default, or the password I entered during setup (which the satellites did get correctly).

So I punted and tried the router factory reset.  It's all good now: both the router and the satellite web admin portals prompt for the correct admin password.

Thanks for all the help!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation