Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR750- adding satellites

gfinny
Follower

ORBI RBR750- adding satellites

Please help. I am quite frustrated with the Orbi system. I bought one a few years ago and could not get it to work. Since then I purchased other routers which were okay. I broke down and bought a new Orbi RBR750 system. It cannot reach about 100 feet from the main router to a room in back of the house! I have the old satellites from the RB550 series. Can I add the 550 series satellites to the 750 series? I tried all day but it did not sync. I'm at a loss and am hesitant to add more costs. I need an efficient system since I telework 3 days a week. Please help

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR750- adding satellites

Yo can use RBS50s ethernet connected to the RBR7 series. RBS50 are not wirelessly compatible with Orbi AX however.

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: ORBI RBR750- adding satellites

@gfinny wrote:

Please help. I am quite frustrated with the Orbi system. I bought one a few years ago and could not get it to work. Since then I purchased other routers which were okay. I broke down and bought a new Orbi RBR750 system. It cannot reach about 100 feet from the main router to a room in back of the house! I have the old satellites from the RB550 series. Can I add the 550 series satellites to the 750 series? I tried all day but it did not sync. I'm at a loss and am hesitant to add more costs. I need an efficient system since I telework 3 days a week. Please help

Can you explain your layout of the area you want to cover?

If you can move the router and satellite closer to each other you may achieve what you need. 

If the router is far left nd the satellite is far right, try moving them so each device is 20 or so feet away from the edge of the builting. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7