Reply
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Orbi-Firmware-v3-2-10-11-seen-on-your-RBRs-FW-update-check-...


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 51 of 133
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Hello Orbi AX Community, 

 

For those still experiencing issues, please send me a private message with the following: 

 

  • Contact Info
  • Serial Number
  • Troubleshooting steps performed
  • Network topology

Thank you,

Christian

Message 52 of 133
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

I am having the same issue with disconnects every 10 minutes or so in World of Warcraft. Originally I thought it may have been one of my wow addons casusing this but I disabled all addons and it still happened. I then tried switching from my wired connection to a wireless connection and still happened. Next I tried a different PC and still happened. After that I figured it was something with either my router of modem. So I factory reset my Arris NVG599 and same thing happened. Then I tried connecting directly to the modem and that allowed a stable connection by eliminating orbi from the picture. So after that I knew it was the orbi router so I did a factory reset as well and still had the disconnect issue. I even tried completely reinstalling Windows 10 and Wow and thast didnt work.

 

In summary I did the following troublshooting steps:

 

1) Disabled Wow addons

2) Reinstalled network drivers

3) Switched from wired connection to wireless

4) Tried on a different PC

5) Reinstalled Windows 10

6) Factory reset my ATT Arris NVG599

7) Factory reset Orbi router

 

The only thing that worked was connecting directly to my ATT router.

 

My Orbi is using Firmware Version V3.2.10.11_1.2.12

Message 53 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Your ISP modem has a built in router and wifi. What mode is this working in? Router mode or bridged? 

This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

 

If wireless, make sure that the CTS and RTS values are changed from 64 to 2347. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

 

If any of this fails, please contact Christian_R:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-RBR850-frequent-disconnects-to-WoW-server/m-p/1871943/...

 


@Ferniss wrote:

I am having the same issue with disconnects every 10 minutes or so in World of Warcraft. Originally I thought it may have been one of my wow addons casusing this but I disabled all addons and it still happened. I then tried switching from my wired connection to a wireless connection and still happened. Next I tried a different PC and still happened. After that I figured it was something with either my router of modem. So I factory reset my Arris NVG599 and same thing happened. Then I tried connecting directly to the modem and that allowed a stable connection by eliminating orbi from the picture. So after that I knew it was the orbi router so I did a factory reset as well and still had the disconnect issue. I even tried completely reinstalling Windows 10 and Wow and thast didnt work.

 

In summary I did the following troublshooting steps:

 

1) Disabled Wow addons

2) Reinstalled network drivers

3) Switched from wired connection to wireless

4) Tried on a different PC

5) Reinstalled Windows 10

6) Factory reset my ATT Arris NVG599

7) Factory reset Orbi router

 

The only thing that worked was connecting directly to my ATT router.

 

My Orbi is using Firmware Version V3.2.10.11_1.2.12



 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 54 of 133
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

same issues (no gaming devices, trying to do actual work); connection to win10 built in VPN disconnects internet, which clearly defeats the purpose and renders all work functions inoperable (particularly problematic given coronavirus issues, as need to be able to work remotely immediately!). has been happening for 2 days, coinciding with auto update of firmware. PLEASE FIX ASAP!

Message 55 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Please contact the forum moderator if your having problems with the lastest version of FW

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-RBR850-frequent-disconnects-to-WoW-server/m-p/1871943/...

 

Thank you. 


@jiorillo wrote:

same issues (no gaming devices, trying to do actual work); connection to win10 built in VPN disconnects internet, which clearly defeats the purpose and renders all work functions inoperable (particularly problematic given coronavirus issues, as need to be able to work remotely immediately!). has been happening for 2 days, coinciding with auto update of firmware. PLEASE FIX ASAP!


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 56 of 133
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Hey guys... OP here.

 

So anyway, I complained directly to NG and they had someone work with me yesterday, including:

 

manually reconfiguring the MAC address (and more, i'm not savvy enough to know how to word this)

(didn't work)

 

so he called back and provided me with beta FW to update

(didn't work)

 

and then told me nothing more to do -- passed along the debug logs and said engineering team will look into it and may contact me (4-5 days).

 

As of right now, due to WFH situation, I have forgone having a wifi at home and plugging my PC directly to my modem. This isn't safe as my security systems (fire alarms, burglar alarms etc) all rely on wifi. Is there a way to know when the orbi will be working properly again?

Message 57 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

One thing you can do to get Orbi AX working again, if you have your old router handly, put it on line. Disable ALL wifi radios on this router, then configure the RBR for AP mode. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

 

Others here have said this has got there Orbi working with wifi again while we wait for a fix from NG. No idea when that maybe. At least you can use AP mode and use the Orbi for wifi. 


@katkit wrote:

Hey guys... OP here.

 

So anyway, I complained directly to NG and they had someone work with me yesterday, including:

 

manually reconfiguring the MAC address (and more, i'm not savvy enough to know how to word this)

(didn't work)

 

so he called back and provided me with beta FW to update

(didn't work)

 

and then told me nothing more to do -- passed along the debug logs and said engineering team will look into it and may contact me (4-5 days).

 

As of right now, due to WFH situation, I have forgone having a wifi at home and plugging my PC directly to my modem. This isn't safe as my security systems (fire alarms, burglar alarms etc) all rely on wifi. Is there a way to know when the orbi will be working properly again?


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 58 of 133
Highlighted
Guide

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server


@katkit wrote:

Suddenly for no reason, since this morning, every 15-30 minutes my connection with WoW (World of Warcraft game) drops. I get disconnected but can quickly reconnect within the minute. For context, my PC is connected to the router (main, not sattelite) via an ethernet cable.

 

To eliminate other sources of problems i did the following, which DID NOT solve the frequent Disconnects:

 

1) Flushed DNS/ IP config

2) Reinstalled the game

3) Rebooted Orbi/ Turned it off for a few minutes/ pressed reset button

4) Restarted my computer

5) Made sure no firewall issues 

6) Played the game on my laptop (different computer), on wifi, and encountered the same problem. 

 

I first suspected my isp but upon their advice, connected my PC directly to the wall (without going through orbi) and had no more disconnects. 

 

So this is an Orbi problem. Please help. My Orbi runs the latest firmware.


You're definitely not alone in this. It looks like they either didn't test their firmware properly before they pushed it out or this bug got by them. Either way it sucks because I can't really game and I work from home and I'm getting drops during video calls. I hope they push out a fix ASAP!

 

RBK853 Wifi 6 (1 router, 2 satellites)

My firmware: V3.2.10.11_1.2.12

Message 59 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

 

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

 


@skott79 wrote:You're definitely not alone in this. It looks like they either didn't test their firmware properly before they pushed it out or this bug got by them. Either way it sucks because I can't really game and I work from home and I'm getting drops during video calls. I hope they push out a fix ASAP!

 

RBK853 Wifi 6 (1 router, 2 satellites)

My firmware: V3.2.10.11_1.2.12


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 60 of 133
Highlighted
Star

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

I'm really considering just buying another system to replace this, I'm in a work from home model and having to tether my laptop for work to my cell phone because my $700 orbi is a paperweight right now. Any suggestions to replace this system with that's stable and won't have issues like these? I can't handle anymore dropped video conferences because of this, at my breaking point and brand ruination for me.

 

Message 61 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Do you still have your prior router? if so, you can connect it up with your ISP modem. Turn OFF all wifi radios on the router. Then configure the RBR for AP mode. This will get Orbi AX working while NG gets this fixed. 

 

If not, then you may want to return the system for a refund where you bought from. 


@Poolrad wrote:

I'm really considering just buying another system to replace this, I'm in a work from home model and having to tether my laptop for work to my cell phone because my $700 orbi is a paperweight right now. Any suggestions to replace this system with that's stable and won't have issues like these? I can't handle anymore dropped video conferences because of this, at my breaking point and brand ruination for me.

 


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 62 of 133
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Any updates on this? This is pretty disappointing for a $600 router...

 

Message 63 of 133
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Revert to firmware 3.1.5.23.  Several of us are having good results with it.

Message 64 of 133
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

How do I keep it from auto updating the firmware if I revert back to an older firmware?

Message 65 of 133
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Not sure.  All the instructions I have seen to use telnet are not valid with the AX.  Mine has been on old firmware for about 2 hours and has not auto updated yet though.

Message 66 of 133
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Just spent 2 hours on the phone with support, 


The following troubleshooting steps in this order were taken to no avail. 

 

  • Downgraded firmware from 3.2.10.11_1.2.12 to  3.2.9.2_1.2.4. 
  • Changed CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347):  from 64 to 2347
  • Restored to factory settings 
  • Added 3 port forwarding services to WOWs, (1119, 3724, 6012) correct me if I'm wrong on these. 

Very pleasant technical service representative was explanatory and apologetic. Noted that they contacted Level-2 service and will call back tomorrow with an update to the situation. 3.2.10 apparently was rolled out to only a few users and has resulted in many reports of issues to the CS team. 

 

I hope this helps out with everyone's anxiety here and we get a solid fix ASAP, will report back if I get any news.

 

 

 

Message 67 of 133
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Downgraded to 3.1.5.23 and had no issues all evening.  This morning, units auto-upgraded to 3.2.9.2_1.2.4 and problem seems to be back.  Also, RBR seems to be physically a lot warmer than I ever remember the unit getting.

Message 68 of 133
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server


@jgosnell56 wrote:

Downgraded to 3.1.5.23 and had no issues all evening.  This morning, units auto-upgraded to 3.2.9.2_1.2.4 and problem seems to be back.  Also, RBR seems to be physically a lot warmer than I ever remember the unit getting.


Mine also auto-upgraded.  I'm still testing to see if the issues are back.

Message 69 of 133
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server


@cruisencode wrote:

 

Mine also auto-upgraded.  I'm still testing to see if the issues are back.

Confirmed.  The issue is back.  Time to downgrade again.

Message 70 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Try downgrading FW to v3.1...

Or configure the RBR for AP mode with a prior router. 


@Cam_A wrote:

Just spent 2 hours on the phone with support, 


The following troubleshooting steps in this order were taken to no avail. 

 

  • Downgraded firmware from 3.2.10.11_1.2.12 to  3.2.9.2_1.2.4. 
  • Changed CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347):  from 64 to 2347
  • Restored to factory settings 
  • Added 3 port forwarding services to WOWs, (1119, 3724, 6012) correct me if I'm wrong on these. 

Very pleasant technical service representative was explanatory and apologetic. Noted that they contacted Level-2 service and will call back tomorrow with an update to the situation. 3.2.10 apparently was rolled out to only a few users and has resulted in many reports of issues to the CS team. 

 

I hope this helps out with everyone's anxiety here and we get a solid fix ASAP, will report back if I get any news.

 

 

 


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 71 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 


@jgosnell56 wrote:

Downgraded to 3.1.5.23 and had no issues all evening.  This morning, units auto-upgraded to 3.2.9.2_1.2.4 and problem seems to be back.  Also, RBR seems to be physically a lot warmer than I ever remember the unit getting.


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 72 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Down grade the RBR to v3.1 or configure the RBR for AP and with your prior router until NG comes out with a fix. No time frame so don't ask. 


@willisc wrote:

Any updates on this? This is pretty disappointing for a $600 router...

 


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 73 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

@Ferniss @jgosnell56 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Frequent-Disconnects-Starting-March-9th-AM-EST/m-p/1...

 


@Ferniss wrote:

How do I keep it from auto updating the firmware if I revert back to an older firmware?


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 74 of 133
Highlighted
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

I see NG just posted v10.11 acutal files for download:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061769/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-10-11

 

Users may want to download these and apply them manually using IE11 or FireFox. I highly recommend a factory reset on the entire system after the RBS and RBR have been updated with these files. RBS first, then RBR lastly. Set up from scratch.

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 75 of 133
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements