Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

FURRYe38
Guru

Got word from a forum moderator. NG will be removing v10.11 from there update servers and from the support site. NG is still working on this. Please be patient.  

Message 76 of 133
willisc
Aspirant

Ok thank you! Please keep the updates coming. I'm diligently following this thread.

Message 77 of 133
Poolrad
Star

So will they auto revert to a prior functioning firmware or do we have to do it ourselves? Most people aren't technical enough to do this.

Message 78 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

From what others have said, they have removed v10.11 from the update servers and v3.2.9.2 is currently being pushed. 

You can downgrade to v3.1 by manually downloading the FW files. Install them then try the upgrade to v3.2.9.2. 

One user is reporting that since they put the v10.11 actual files up for download, his system seems to be working after he manually installed this version:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/TWO-ISSUES-FOR-ORBI-RBK852/td-p/1871913/jump-to/first-unrea...

Or use your prior router as the host router and configure your Orbi AX for AP mode while we wait for NGs next FW update to hopefully fix all this. 

Message 79 of 133
flyme
Aspirant

So I have reverted and switched to AP mode but it has actually made the problem worse. Now when it goes away, I can’t get internet at all till I reboot the Orbi. Any ideas? Really annoying 😞
Message 80 of 133
ekhalil
Master

Unfortunately for some strange reasons, v3.2.9.2 have now the same issue, even if it worked previously.

The issue seems to be related to the ISP lease renewal procedure. Connection-oriented sessions (like VPN, IPTV, video and audio streaming, Skype calls,.... etc) will disconnect every 10 minutes, yes exectly every 10 minutes. Not sure if the time varies with different ISP lease time durations.

Only recent firmware that does not have the issue is v3.1.5.23. But -unfortunately- auto update will force you to update to v3.2.9.2 after some time.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

From what others have said, they have removed v10.11 from the update servers and v3.2.9.2 is currently being pushed. 

You can downgrade to v3.1 by manually downloading the FW files. Install them then try the upgrade to v3.2.9.2. 

Message 81 of 133
flyme
Aspirant

After putting more time into this with no luck, I was annoyed enough that I unplugged the whole orbi setup and went back to my provider router.  

I didn't pay as much as I did to have to deal with this.   I really perfer to enjoy myself at home and this seems like work.  It doesn't help that the reset/setup is fairly clunky (sometimes can't evn find its own WIFI Network after a reset) but having to block future firmware pushes seems a bit far (plus why isn't there an option to accept the pushes in the UX).  

Did I miss a formal acknowledgement of this with some kind of apology even?

Any idea how soon this will be really fixed?  I have really lost a lot of confidence in this system at this point and I have only had it since November.  Is it time to ask for a return and go to something else? If this is going to be the norm going forward where I have to constantly wonder if my internet is having issues or my router pushed a bad firmware update, I think I would rather give this thing back.

Message 82 of 133
ekhalil
Master

I also think that this is one of the worse issues that was introduced in released software. I hope that Netgear is now working on providing a soon fix to the issue.

I think that Orbi is a great product. I hope Netgear's management willl introduce improvements to their release strategy as a learning from this issue.

@flyme wrote:

Any idea how soon this will be really fixed?  I have really lost a lot of confidence in this system at this point and I have only had it since November.  Is it time to ask for a return and go to something else? If this is going to be the norm going forward where I have to constantly wonder if my internet is having issues or my router pushed a bad firmware update, I think I would rather give this thing back.

Message 83 of 133
McLong
Apprentice

I just want to let the community know I am experiencing frequent disconnects via WiFi with Zynga Poker, LIFX lights and Google home after the most recent FW update. Hopefully Netgear with resolve quickly as downgrading and resetting aren't viable solutions.
Message 84 of 133
ZOOShen
Star

Anyone confirm that if we put the Orbi AX to AP mode and use either cable router or previous router?

Message 85 of 133
ekhalil
Master

Yes, this should work, but did not try that yet.

@ZOOShen wrote:

Anyone confirm that if we put the Orbi AX to AP mode and use either cable router or previous router?

Message 86 of 133
DMatuza
Guide

Yes it works, I put my Orbi in AP with 3.2.10.11 firmware and hooked it up to my older Asus Router and now I have whole home high speed internet as before and haven’t seen any drops for about 6 days now.
Message 87 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices.

@McLong wrote:
I just want to let the community know I am experiencing frequent disconnects via WiFi with Zynga Poker, LIFX lights and Google home after the most recent FW update. Hopefully Netgear with resolve quickly as downgrading and resetting aren't viable solutions.

Message 88 of 133
cruisencode
Apprentice

@flyme wrote:

After putting more time into this with no luck, I was annoyed enough that I unplugged the whole orbi setup and went back to my provider router.  

I didn't pay as much as I did to have to deal with this.   I really perfer to enjoy myself at home and this seems like work.  It doesn't help that the reset/setup is fairly clunky (sometimes can't evn find its own WIFI Network after a reset) but having to block future firmware pushes seems a bit far (plus why isn't there an option to accept the pushes in the UX).  

Did I miss a formal acknowledgement of this with some kind of apology even?

No acknowledgement

No apology

No idea how soon this will be really fixed

This really is a cluster f***

Message 89 of 133
StarkU_0709
Initiate

Even I have got lot issues while playing nba online.

Anyways I connected my RBR850 ( in router mode) to my modem and did a downgrade from V3.2.10.11 to V3.2.9.2 along with factory reset. It's been a week and no issues with my nba game or IoT device disconnections. Haven't tested with WoW.

Message 90 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for posting and letting us know. Seems like yours is working well back on v3.2.9.2. 

@StarkU_0709 wrote:

Even I have got lot issues while playing nba online.

Anyways I connected my RBR850 ( in router mode) to my modem and did a downgrade from V3.2.10.11 to V3.2.9.2 along with factory reset. It's been a week and no issues with my nba game or IoT device disconnections. Haven't tested with WoW.

Message 91 of 133
ekhalil
Master

@FURRYe38 Please, this is very serious! Believe me, nobody will win by trying to prove that there is no issue!

Let's work together to isolate the issue and help Netgear get it fixed.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Thanks for posting and letting us know. Seems like yours is working well back on v3.2.9.2. 

Message 92 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Please don't take my post out of context. I know how serious this is. I've been working with the users as best as I can and also working with the beta group as well. I have reported this to the beta group on the behalf of users in this forum. Also have contacted Christian_R about this as well which he said he requested that v10.11 be removed from the auto update servers. NG is aware of everything. 

Some are not effected and some are. It's mixed bag and mostly here in the forums users are having problems. We are trying to help narrow down the issues at hand. However lets give credit to those who are not having issues or finding ways to get there systems working. 

Yes, here to try and help where we can. For those that we can't, they need to contact NG support and file a support ticket. Or contact a forum moderator. Users will need to be patient and wait for NG to fix this. There is not time frame on when this happens so users will need to keep an eye on the forums or the NG download site for next upate when it come avaialble. 

Thank you. 

@ekhalil wrote:

@FURRYe38 Please, this is very serious! Believe me, nobody will win by trying to prove that there is no issue!

Let's work together to isolate the issue and help Netgear get it fixed.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 93 of 133
Chivvalry
Star

Same exact issues as described... did the downgrade and a hard factory reset on both router and satellite... Still getting disconnect issues.  This is SO frustrating.  I got rid of my old router after getting the orbis so I can't go back to that setup...  WHEN are they going to fix this??

Message 94 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

If this still fails for you, You might try v3.1.5.23 on your RBR

If this still fails, Please contact the forum moderator if your having problems with the lastest version of FW:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/ORBI-RBR850-frequent-disconnects-to-WoW-server/m-p/1871943/...

Thank you. 

@Chivvalry wrote:

Same exact issues as described... did the downgrade and a hard factory reset on both router and satellite... Still getting disconnect issues.  This is SO frustrating.  I got rid of my old router after getting the orbis so I can't go back to that setup...  WHEN are they going to fix this??

Message 95 of 133
Chivvalry
Star

North state communications, model number znid-gpon-2424a1-0ns

Dasan Zhone Solutions

i just disconnected the orbi and had the cable company turn back on the router config on the above device.  I had it in basically just modem mode previously.  I'm using their mesh waps, air tiles, and all is good.  

When I get around to it I will put the orbi up behind the router, it'll double nat but that shouldn't matter for testing.

Message 96 of 133
ZOOShen
Star

Double nat wont work for me. I am trying to turn the Orbi to AP mode and connect to my old router. My old router still broadcasting its SSID, so if Orbi still have problems, we can easily switch to the old router. So far at AP mode, everything is fine...

Message 97 of 133
ZOOShen
Star

Why ppl here keep saying change the CTS value? This problem is nothing to do with the Wireless side of the router, I do think someting is broken in the router NAT codes. AS such, put this thing in AP mode tempoary resolves the issue.

Btw, I almost sold my old router on ebay, and I canceled the order once I found that I still need it.. 

Message 98 of 133
ekhalil
Master

@ZOOShen wrote:

Why ppl here keep saying change the CTS value? This problem is nothing to do with the Wireless side of the router, .......

Completely true. The disconnection issues reported here impact both wired and wireless devices. CTS/RTS has nothing to do with this issue.

Message 99 of 133
exstazi
Tutor

Hi mate i have exakt the same problem with the same router. I have seen that the dhcp lease time is set to 20 min and thats exactly how long untill disconnect. So we need to extend that time.

Message 100 of 133
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7