Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Ferniss
Tutor

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects to WoW server

Does changing the DHCP lease time fix this issue are at least delay it further before disconnecting?

Message 101 of 133
exstazi
Tutor

Havent found out where i change the lease time yet.
Message 102 of 133
rcw3
Tutor

Thank goodness.  For the last few days, my downloads from Apple kept dying after some noticeable pattern of time.  I hadn't played WoW since I got the new Orbi, and when I played I started getting disconnected after 10 minutes or so without fail.  If I plug directly to the service providers DSL modem, I have NO disconnects.  This is definitely an Orbi issue. 

Trying to decide if I return the Orbi and go with another vendor, because this is a pretty serious failing.

Message 103 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

For users effected by this, downgrade to v3.1 version of FW by using this process:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Frequent-Disconnects-Starting-March-9th-AM-EST/m-p/1...

Message 104 of 133
Chivvalry
Star

This works.  Make sure you check the "Always" box under keyword blocking.  Thank you!

@xnolightx wrote:

After adding updates1.netgear.com to the blocked sites list my RBR850 was no longer able to reach out for updates last night and is still sitting on 3.1.5.23. The only wacky thing is that the RBS (satellite) did manage to reach out and has upgraded to 3.2.9.2. That doesn't appear to be an issue because I have not experienced dropped connections with the satellite on this version.

For those of you who want to try this and you are using your Orbi in router mode, all you will need to do is:

1) In the Advanced\Security\Block Sites page add a keyword for updates1.netgear.com (make sure to hit the apply button in the upper right after adding the keyword).

2) Revert your RBR850 firmware to 3.1.5.23.

3) Confirm you are still seeing updates1.netgear.com on the Block Sites page.

4) Click on Administration\Firmware Update and wait a few moments. You should see the web GUI say that the service is unreachable under the status column for the RBR850.

If you are using the Orbi in AP mode the same principal applies, but you will need to add updates1.netgear.com to the blocked sites on your upstream router rather than the Orbi.

I hope this helps people get on with their digital lives while netgear figures out what they have broken.

Message 105 of 133
exstazi
Tutor

By downgrading now to the Firmware Version V3.1.5.23_1.0.46 Warcraft stopped disconnect and the other devices working all goog again...

Message 106 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad its working. 

Message 107 of 133
Chivvalry
Star

Block updates until they actually fix this!

@exstazi wrote:

By downgrading now to the Firmware Version V3.1.5.23_1.0.46 Warcraft stopped disconnect and the other devices working all goog again...

Message 108 of 133
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Orbi Community! 

We have identified the root cause of the issue and fix will be available. Please do not block Orbi update servers so you can receive the fix. We will provide update once affix is on server. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 109 of 133
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Orbi Community! 

UPDATE: The fix has been uploaded to our update server. No need to do anything as this will be auto pushed for users who are using RBK852/RBK853S. If anyone has disconnection issues after the next 24 hours, please let us know. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 110 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Id you get the re-update from last nite and check to see if your WoW game was working correctly? 

Anyone else gaming on WoW notice any changes? Please let us know. 

@exstazi wrote:

Message 111 of 133
Chivvalry
Star

New firmware downloaded and installed and daughter reports that WoW is working.  Also, my video conferencing is working as well!  Seems like a successful fix.

Message 112 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Great to hear. Glad it's working now. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 113 of 133
Cam_A
Aspirant

CTS/RTS Threshold was set back to 64 with the overnight update, is this correct? 

Message 114 of 133
exstazi
Tutor

Problem is that i couldnt fins any settings to change the time. But the new firmware works now. Just upgrade to the latest.
Message 115 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

64 is for noise environments and devcies place out at a long distance. 2347 is for less noisy environments and devices that are short in distance from the RBR. Run the default value and if you notice some of your devices not working right, change to 2347. 

@Cam_A wrote:

CTS/RTS Threshold was set back to 64 with the overnight update, is this correct? 

Message 116 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Any updates on this? NG has fixed this issue on there side. Let us know. 

@katkit wrote:

Suddenly for no reason, since this morning, every 15-30 minutes my connection with WoW (World of Warcraft game) drops. I get disconnected but can quickly reconnect within the minute. For context, my PC is connected to the router (main, not sattelite) via an ethernet cable.

To eliminate other sources of problems i did the following, which DID NOT solve the frequent Disconnects:

1) Flushed DNS/ IP config

2) Reinstalled the game

3) Rebooted Orbi/ Turned it off for a few minutes/ pressed reset button

4) Restarted my computer

5) Made sure no firewall issues 

6) Played the game on my laptop (different computer), on wifi, and encountered the same problem. 

I first suspected my isp but upon their advice, connected my PC directly to the wall (without going through orbi) and had no more disconnects. 

So this is an Orbi problem. Please help. My Orbi runs the latest firmware.

Message 117 of 133
Ferniss
Tutor

Anyone have a link to the new firmware? Mine is not detecting that there is new firmware automatically.

Message 118 of 133
flyme
Aspirant

My router got the auto update finally and it is fixed.
Message 119 of 133
Ferniss
Tutor

What's the version number of the new firmware?

Message 120 of 133
ekhalil
Master

@Ferniss wrote:

What's the version number of the new firmware?

v3.2.10.11

Message 121 of 133
d1mmy
Apprentice

That's the old, broken firmware that they have simply republished.  Someone ran a MD5 hash comparing the old and "new/fixed" firmware and it is the same.

Message 122 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Comes thru the FW upate section on the RBR. Nothing has changed on the FW side. It was a change on there cloud systems. 

@Ferniss wrote:

Anyone have a link to the new firmware? Mine is not detecting that there is new firmware automatically.

Message 123 of 133
rmklaw
Aspirant

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects all devices

I have the RBK853. After the latest download to 3.2.10.11_1.2.12, 4-5 days ago, I am experiencing frequent disconnects of all devices from the router and the satellites.  My set up is Access Point mode.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Message 124 of 133
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR850 -- frequent disconnects all devices

Has a factory reset been performed yet? 

Was the FW updated via auto update or did you manually download the FW files? 

What devices are you having problems with? 

Devices wireless and wired? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@rmklaw wrote:

I have the RBK853. After the latest download to 3.2.10.11_1.2.12, 4-5 days ago, I am experiencing frequent disconnects of all devices from the router and the satellites.  My set up is Access Point mode.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Message 125 of 133
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7