Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI + SAMSUNG TV + BT

Siriole
Guide

Zzio got in touch after my last (rather grumpy) message with some beta upgrades to the software. I downloaded and the Orbi system worked immediately. I waited three days, during which I tested all the apps systematically, and I am happy (ecstatic!) to report that it is working well, indeed incredibly well. So there you have it, after a month and maybe thirty hours of fault-finding, it works. Early adoption is often quite difficult, but not THIS difficult. 

So thanks to ZZio for persisting when I did not. And thanks to all the others who contributed suggestions and support. The Community has been a great resource (technical and emotional). 

It's difficult to be gracious about Netgear. Why the tech support team in India didn't seem to have the beta upgrade, I can't fathom. Ironically they asked me for a copy of V3.2.10.1. This has led me to question whether Netgear supports them appropriately. 

Thanks to all who helped. 

Message 26 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Well well, I guess at least someone did help you out. You might try and contact NG again next time anything like this happens to see if a beta can be made avaialble.  Depending upon problem. Smiley Frustrated

Shouldn't be posting beta FW updates in forums, what may work for others may break something else for another. However, hopefully it makes things better for all. 

Enjoy now. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 32
fraczek12345
Aspirant

Thanks for this beta firmware!!! It has fixed all my problems, finally 🙂

Message 28 of 32
Siriole
Guide

Glad this has worked for you, but It's Zzio who we should be thanking! 

Message 29 of 32
fraczek12345
Aspirant

True 🙂 Thanks Zzio! 😄

Message 30 of 32
fraczek12345
Aspirant

I see only one problem: I have 1 router and 4 satellites. 3 satellites are connected by the cable directly to the Orbi router and 4th one is connected to the switch (which is connected to the Orbi router). When I move around the house I only have problem with the one satellite that’s connected to the switch - my iPhone disconnects sometimes. So my question is: should all 4 satellites be connected to Orbi router directly or all should all 4 be plugged in to switch and then to Orbi router? Or it’s not a problem and some of them can be plugged in to router and some to switch?:)
Message 31 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

Direct wold be preferred. 

What is the Mfr and model# of this swtich? There are known issues with Orbi and some swtiches...

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7