Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI WIFI 6 AX6000

KRYPTONITE
Aspirant

ORBI WIFI 6 AX6000

I WANT TO SETUP 8 OF THESE. CAN I ADD 7 SATELLITE TO A SINGLE NETWORK SYSTEM. IF SO, I WANT TO SETUP 4 OF THOSE THROUGH ETHERNET BACK HAUL AND 4 OF THOSE WITH WIRELESS BACKHAUL. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

No need to yell. 

Thats possible. 

Message 2 of 6
Chuck_M
Mentor

@KRYPTONITE wrote:

I WANT TO SETUP 8 OF THESE. CAN I ADD 7 SATELLITE TO A SINGLE NETWORK SYSTEM. IF SO, I WANT TO SETUP 4 OF THOSE THROUGH ETHERNET BACK HAUL AND 4 OF THOSE WITH WIRELESS BACKHAUL. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

You can put some or all satellites on ethernet.   I suspect that the more you put on ethernet backhaul, the better because of all the demand on the backhaul wireless resources.

Needless to say, I hope those are very distanced out from each other else you will create an electromagnetic spectrum nightmare of stepping on one another.

Would love to hear more details about where this would go.     

I have three satellites on my system, two wired (RBS50s), one wireless (RBS850) and the produced wireless footprint is HUGE   Works great with about 100 or so devices and very zippy speed-wise.

Message 3 of 6
KRYPTONITE
Aspirant

the thing is where i live the walls are concrete and vry very thick, think of a bunker and sometimes the wifi signals completely drop once i close the doors to a room where the satellite is kept so thats why i need so many of them. currently i have the older orbi system and face this problem so i was wondering whether the new wifi 6 models can do more then 3 satellites because my current setup doesnt work with 4 and i end up with three different wifi networks across all my floors and 2 different per floor. so it sucks.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You may want to just run ethernet or power line adapters if needed and setup all RBS wired. Concrete and steel will always have an impact on any wifi system. AX or otherwise. 

Message 5 of 6
kildare
Luminary

I'm not sure you can add up to 7 satellites to the current Orbi AX6000 implementation.

Even the business system Orbi Pro AC3000 can have up to 6 satellites:

Larger space? No problem. Orbi Pro’s got it covered
Extend your WiFi range further than before. Add up to 6 satellites to the Orbi Pro Router.
https://www.netgear.com/orbi-pro/default.aspx

Better check with the Netgear support.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7