Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 852 extra satellites

Richien1dad
Aspirant

Orbi 852 extra satellites

Hi all, I have bought a triple pack orbi 853 witch comes with one router and two satellites but I’m still getting area in my home with low Wi-Fi or no Wi-Fi ( large home) so basic question is can I add more satellites if so how many if there is a limit as looking at two more satellites
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working for you now. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

I have a 5000sq ft home and initially started with just one RBS then got 1 more. Even with just 1 RBS, it was enough for great wifi coverage. Adding more RBS maybe too much however. Placement and distance is key here. 

NG hasn't mentioned how many RBSs can be connected. We presume more. 

Message 2 of 11
Richien1dad
Aspirant

Hi thank for reply, my home is 7150sq feet but well built with brick walls, i didnt know about the 30 feet bit so i will also try that, my other issue is the server room has a door on in and the ORBI router is in there so that may not help,

just as a question thou do you know if i can add an extra satelite to teh system? if so i cant seem to find anywhere to buy on on its own they are all in a two or three bundle at moment

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

ANy chance of moving the RBR outside of the server room into a more central location on a main floor of the home.

Haven't seen anyone with more than two RBSs currently. I have two and they are working well for my 5000sq ft home.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Release-date-for-Add-on-Orbi-WiFi6-Satellite-RBS850/m-p/185...

IF you get more, please let us know how it all works. NG officially supports 3 RBS on there ORBI AC model. I presume maybe same or ORBI AX. However some users reported having 6 RBS on RBR50 series ORBI. No idea if that many would work on ORBI AX. Anything is possible.

Message 4 of 11
Richien1dad
Aspirant

Thanks you so much for helping, I’m going to have a go Saturday on moving the ORBI router out if that room to my entrance hall
I’ve also just order a two pack (one router and one sat) so I can use the sat from that pack
So I’ll let you know how that work

Once again many thanks
Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 11
aakshey
Star

FWIW I have a RBR 50 with 4 RBS satellites. 

Message 7 of 11
Richien1dad
Aspirant

Great thanks
Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how this is progressing. 

Message 9 of 11
Richien1dad
Aspirant

Hi all, ok so my extra set of orbi’s have turned up and I’ve finically added an Emmy extra satellite that I needed to complete my network. I’m going to add the other one as why not it can only make the network stronger I’m assuming but the area that struggled with WiFi has now been solved at last! I’m a little angry at the fact that I’ve had to purchase a three pack starter pack again at a cost of £989 just to use the satellite out of it so the total cost is a whooping £1800 to extend my WiFi for my home but at least it has finally worked! So system I’ve tried before are draytek 2865 & ap901’s all over which worked but WiFi was slow and router needed rebooting every week , then I had a new BT business hub Fitted and install 8 BT whole home extenders over the house which to be fair worked again slowish WiFi and my Ring doorbells and cams struggled to Get a good connection ( to be fair Ring are rubbish anyway) but at last Netgear have a solution for larger old homes with real walls and I’m now getting fast WiFi everywhere!! Even the Tesla can update now on the drive
Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working for you now. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7