Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi AX with Gig Internet - Wi-Fi speeds cut in half

KMDonlon
Luminary

I thought this wasn't working properly as it is mentioned as going to be fixed in the last 2 firmware updates?
Message 26 of 30
KMDonlon
Luminary

I am also wondering this, I have symmetrical gig and 99% of the time my upload speed is less than my download speed via WiFi. Also my laptop has WiFi 6 (Intel AX201) and I notice the upload is less. Can hit almost 900 down but barely 400 up. Thought it may be the speed test servers causing this. The RBR850 reports 940+ both up and down so I am stumped.
Message 27 of 30
wase471111
Apprentice

that 940 for up and down is for your WIRED ethernet speed, NOT your wifi speeds..As others have noted, your wifi speeds will rarely, if ever, be more than 50% of your wired ethernet speeds...

Message 28 of 30
KMDonlon
Luminary

I understand the WiFi speeds, my point was on wifi the download is faster than upload on wifi... I usually get 650down but 400 up. Not sure why WiFi up & down differ so much
Message 29 of 30
wase471111
Apprentice

i guess it depends on a few things; although, the linksys velop mx I just got rid of had almost identical up and down speeds, these Orbi's do not for me either...unless you upload giant files regularly, its not an issue..

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7