Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi AX4200 RBK752 won’t find Hue bulbs again

MadSci72
Aspirant

Orbi AX4200 RBK752 won’t find Hue bulbs again

We switched from a Spectrum router to an Orbi AX4200 RBK752. We had Hue and Sengled lightbulbs throughout our house. We use Alexa as a hub for the Hue bulbs and have a Sengled hub. They worked fine with the Spectrum router. Now, Alexa can't discover any of them. We have disabled the Hue skill, uninstalled and reinstalled all of the apps and still it won't discover any of them. We spoke to Amazon, they said speak to Philips Hue, so we did. They couldn't fix and said problem appears to be with the Orbi being 5Ghz. Is there a way to split to 2.4 or does anyone know a fix for this?

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi AX4200 RBK752 won’t find Hue bulbs again

What modem do you have the orbi connected to? 

Message 2 of 9
MadSci72
Aspirant

It is a mesh system. We have the AX4200 system connected to a spectrum arris modem.
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

which spectrum arris modem

Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@MadSci72 wrote:

We switched from a Spectrum router to an Orbi AX4200 RBK752. We had Hue and Sengled lightbulbs throughout our house. We use Alexa as a hub for the Hue bulbs and have a Sengled hub. ... Now, Alexa can't discover any of them.

Confused.

The bulbs are not using WiFi, much more Zigbee or Bluetooth. Had the two hubs e.g. the Echo and the Sengled hub been added to the WiFi already? Have the two hubs received IP addresses and became visible as an attached device? Do basic Alexa commands work on the Echo?

Or have just replaced your router by the Orbi (with existing wireless network name and security, or with new settings?) and expect the Echo hub and the Sengled are magically re-appearing on the new network?

Message 5 of 9
MadSci72
Aspirant

The Hue bulbs use Echo Plus as hub. Echo connects fine. Hue bulbs can't be discovered with Orbi rmesh system. Huse said it's bc of 5G. Magic didn't work; maybe I need a new wand.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 7 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

@MadSci72 wrote:

We switched from a Spectrum router to an Orbi AX4200 RBK752. We had Hue and Sengled lightbulbs throughout our house. We use Alexa as a hub for the Hue bulbs and have a Sengled hub. They worked fine with the Spectrum router. Now, Alexa can't discover any of them. We have disabled the Hue skill, uninstalled and reinstalled all of the apps and still it won't discover any of them. We spoke to Amazon, they said speak to Philips Hue, so we did. They couldn't fix and said problem appears to be with the Orbi being 5Ghz. Is there a way to split to 2.4 or does anyone know a fix for this?

I have Hue bulbs connected to my Orbi RBR850 system and do not have 5Ghz split from 2.4Ghz.  My Alexa is also connected to the Orbi and has no problem controlling the Hue bulbs.  However I am using the Hue bridge/hub (my Hue bulbs are not the wifi-only versions).

Message 8 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

I would suggest you try and reset one of the hue lightbulbs and re-add it to see if this is an issue with Hue.

Here is how you reset a hue bulb:

1. Turn on the bulb for three-to-five seconds and then off for three-to-five seconds. Repeat this multiple times and turn it on again. If reset was successful, the bulb blinks.
    Turn off the bulb.
    Restart Discovery.
    Turn on the bulb.

You can also try and reset the echo you are using as a hub (is it on the same network as the bulbs!?)

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7