Guide

Orbi App and orbilogin.net stop working

Current set-up:

• RBR850 Router
  • RBS850 Satellite - Wired Backhaul
  • RBS850 Satellite - Wired Backhaul
  • RBS750 Satellite - Wired Backhaul
  • RBS750 Satellite - Wireless Backhaul

My system is working great.  But in the past few months I've ran into the same problem over and over.  Out of nowhere, the Orbi iOS App hangs on the Detecting Product screen and then kicks off to the WiFi Not Detected screen...depsite being clearly connected to the Orbi Network...all network functionality working great.  Whenever this happens if I try to login to orbilogin.net it just hangs and refuses to load.  In fact, right now it's happening and my laptop is hardwired to a satellite (which is hardwired back to the Router).  Still won't load even when hardwired.  Note that when this is happening my entire network is operating well.  I'm not noticing any performance issues.  Devices are all connected (usually have around 60 devices).  

If I reboot the RBR850, everything goes back to normal.  App works and orbilogin.net loads fine.  It will work for a few days.  Then invariably the above issue happens again.  Because the system is working fine, I'm not quite sure when this happens (I don't check the app daily) but this has happened at least 4 times in the past month.  

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi App and orbilogin.net stop working

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?

Is Armor enabled on the RBR? 

Message 2 of 6
MiddKid
Guide

Had to go reboot in order to answer your questions!  

Firmware: 3.2.18.1. No updates available

Connected to Arris SB8200 (running Xfinity Internet)

Over the last month I've had to power cycle the system numerous times to get the app/orbilogin.net to work.  And to reiterate, the actual network is working fine, just need to reboot to re-acquire access to the app/site.  

Armor is not enabled

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried accessing 192.168.1.1 instead of orbilogin.net?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 4 of 6
MiddKid
Guide

Yes, I've tried accessing the IP directly when the issue happens.  It still just hangs and doesn't connect.

No, I have not done a full factory reset.  Was trying to avoid that as the network itself seems to be working quite well aside from this occasoinal inability to access the network management tools.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a reset on the RBR and setup from scratch using a web browser...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7