Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Port forwarding

Kaps_Orbi
Aspirant

Orbi Port forwarding

I am currently having issue with orbi port forwarding where the port forward does not work until I login into the router's management web interface. Is this normal ? 

I have simple setup where modem/router is directly connected to Orbi. Modem/router from windstream is on bridge mode and there is no firewall running on it. NAT filter on Orbi is set at "secure", Even with "Open" I am having similar issue. Beside port forward setting all other setting are default on Orbi. UPnP is turned off. 

Please help I dont wish to login into my router's management web interface everytime when I want to access my server. 

Model: 

Router: RBR750/ AX4200 

Satellite: RBS750

Fireware: V3.2.16.22 on both (router and satellite)

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Kaps_Orbi
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Port forwarding

Found the source of the issue... So I am having this issue because my ISP is doing NAT444 (Carrier-Grade NAT).

This is how I found out. When I did trace route my first hope was orbi which is normal, but my second hope was not my WAN IP but some public IP of my ISP. So if anyone is having similar issue do above test if your ISP is doing some sort of NAT in their core system then port forwarding might have some issues. 

Thank you everything for your contribution. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Seems very odd for this...

Message 2 of 8
Kaps_Orbi
Aspirant

Yes I have done that several times but that did not help. 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with NG support and ask for additional help and information regarding this. Thats not how PF is supposed to work.

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 8
Kaps_Orbi
Aspirant

Found the source of the issue... So I am having this issue because my ISP is doing NAT444 (Carrier-Grade NAT).

This is how I found out. When I did trace route my first hope was orbi which is normal, but my second hope was not my WAN IP but some public IP of my ISP. So if anyone is having similar issue do above test if your ISP is doing some sort of NAT in their core system then port forwarding might have some issues. 

Thank you everything for your contribution. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Great to hear you found the problem. I presume you have to have the ISP configure something for you so your PF configuration works? 

Message 6 of 8
Kaps_Orbi
Aspirant

NO.....I have not requested anything to my ISP.. I found out with port forwarding I also have to set port triggering for it to work.. I am still testing but for the past 3 hours it is working flawlessly. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ah ok. Thanks for the addtional info. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation