Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK 853 slow speed despite fast connection

gjohn
Initiate

Orbi RBK 853 slow speed despite fast connection

I have just finished installing a brand new Orbi RBK 853 system in our home

Router is connecte to the internet via hte network providers Router (set in bridge mode)  with a 1000Mbps Download line - true performance

The ORBI Router connects then troug a home LAN installation capable of 1000Mbps - for a first speed test the ORBI system was able to match that speed, since all devices are connected the speed is down to 90Mbps - This was faster even with my old setup.

How can I find out what is slowing down the Orbi Network? As the Satelites are connected to the router by a fast LAN the available speed should remain fast. Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK 853 slow speed despite fast connection

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Wired speeds are being tested? 

What app are you using to speedtest with? Orbi app, RBRs speed test or ooklas installable speed test app? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Try disabling the following and see:
IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Be sure that CTS and RTS values are changed to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 3 of 5
Adnim
Guide

I installed the new AX6000 Orbi with 2 RBS850 satellites.  I added 2 old satellites from previous generation hard wired back to the RBR 853 ROUTER.  However I'm not seeing the older RBS50 satalites share the load.  Most traffic is on the new wifi 6 hardware but the older satellites are doing nothing despite being hardwired to router.  
Some smart things are not getting a good enough signal to work, like outside smart lights.
Any suggestions? 

I have about 53 internet things on the network in a big house.  
thanks

Adnim

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please start a new post thread regarding this. Your issue is not related to this thread and needs a new post. 

Thank you. 

@Adnim wrote:

I installed the new AX6000 Orbi with 2 RBS850 satellites.  I added 2 old satellites from previous generation hard wired back to the RBR 853 ROUTER.  However I'm not seeing the older RBS50 satalites share the load.  Most traffic is on the new wifi 6 hardware but the older satellites are doing nothing despite being hardwired to router.  
Some smart things are not getting a good enough signal to work, like outside smart lights.
Any suggestions? 

I have about 53 internet things on the network in a big house.  
thanks

Adnim

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7