Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK753s and CM1150 cannot get giga bit speed

hownc
Aspirant

Orbi RBK753s and CM1150 cannot get giga bit speed

Hi:

Just upgraded from RBK50 to RBK753S.  I also has CM1150 modem and Comcast giga bit connection.

The speed test result is similiar as RBK50: about 600 bps.

What went wrong?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK753s and CM1150 cannot get giga bit speed

How are you testing? wireless? using the built in speedtest in the netgear app? If so, I wouldn't recommend it. I haven't found it max out gigabit yet. 

What app are you testing with? What site are you using? many sites can't max out gigabit or if they can, sometimes need a different server picked.

I'd recommend connecting a pc directly to the cm1150v and seeing what speed you get at that point.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF the modem and RBR for 1 minute then back on and wire speed test. 

Message 3 of 6
hownc
Aspirant

> How are you testing? wireless? using the built in speedtest in the netgear app? If so, I wouldn't recommend it. I haven't found it max out gigabit yet.

> What app are you testing with? What site are you using? many sites can't max out gigabit or if they can, sometimes need a different server picked.

I am using a laptop with WIFI 6 card and testing wirelessly.  The app is Xfinity speedtest and others.  They all show similiar result

> I'd recommend connecting a pc directly to the cm1150v and seeing what speed you get at that point.

Using a laptop connect directly to the output of CM1150C I got 690 - 1108 bps, most of the time 850-890 bps

Message 4 of 6
hownc
Aspirant

After I power off and connect a PC using a cable, it is showing 890+ bps.

But now when I switch back the previous setup, it is down 560 bps now.  ??? 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@hownc wrote:

After I power off and connect a PC using a cable, it is showing 890+ bps.

But now when I switch back the previous setup, it is down 560 bps now.  ??? ----You mean where you were testing via a wireless setup? If so, thats going to have variable speeds. Between distance, obstructions, interfernce, the speed isn't going to be as stable or fast as wired. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7