Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK852 and Leviton WiFi products.

timroswell1
Aspirant

Orbi RBK852 and Leviton WiFi products.

I upgraded to an Orbi RBK852 router and satellitte. I have 32 Levition WIFi devices connected to my network. Some are connected at 2.4G & others on 5G. What I'm seeing is random Levition showing off line in their app & need to be reconnected. But I noticed last night 4 were off-line but 24 hours later back on line. It seems to be a random issue. Leviton tells me i need to connect them at 2.4G. 

Evidently Orbi is steering some to 5G & thats the issue???

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK852 and Leviton WiFi products.

Devices maybe picking the frequency as it's up to devices to picck and chose where they connect to. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

Try setting CTS values to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

May help with the transitions between frequencies...

Message 2 of 6
timroswell1
Aspirant

Sq ft 4400.

ORBI router is in basement where all netwrok equipment is.

Satellite is on 2nd floor over looking greatroom, 10 Liviton devices with 30-35 feet of it. Standard drywall construction

Currently 

Enable AX - Settings

2.4g  is unchecked, Tech Support told me to change that so Trane thremostat would connect

5g is checked

2.4g channel is auto.

5g channel is 48. 

CTS is set to 64. But I've seen recommended values at 500 or 2347 (which one post said was not recommended, use 500 instead.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So if you re-enable AX on 2.4Ghz with a checking the check box, does the one device remain connected? 

@timroswell1 wrote:

Sq ft 4400.

ORBI router is in basement where all netwrok equipment is.

Satellite is on 2nd floor over looking greatroom, 10 Liviton devices with 30-35 feet of it. Standard drywall construction

Currently 

Enable AX - Settings

2.4g  is unchecked, Tech Support told me to change that so Trane thremostat would connect

5g is checked

2.4g channel is auto.

5g channel is 48. 

CTS is set to 64. But I've seen recommended values at 500 or 2347 (which one post said was not recommended, use 500 instead.

Message 4 of 6
timroswell1
Aspirant

So if you re-enable AX on 2.4Ghz with a checking the check box, does the one device remain connected? 

I rechecked it and that device is now NOT connected

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like the devices doesn't like it when AX mode is enabled on the RBR then. Something to let the mfr of this device know about. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7