Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 Clear VLAN Settings on Reset

jtadd
Tutor

Orbi RBR750 Clear VLAN Settings on Reset

My Orbi RBK753S-100NAS

Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi System

AX Wifi 6 Router is Clearin  VLAN Settings on reset or power cycle.   I have Fiber internet and I bypass my ISP "Gateway" and bring the CAT6 directly from the fiber box in my basesent into my Orbi.  I have the correct VLAN settings and PPPOE setting input to my orbi admin.  Internet works great, 900+mbps Up/Down... Until I power cycle, reset, or unplug/replug my orbi.  Upon reboot it is consistently clearing my VLAN settings, specifically, it either changes the port # or disabled VLAN altogether.  So my devices reconnect to wifi after the power cycle but have local only access, no internet.  I have to log into the admin site (orbilogin.net) and re configure the VLAN settings after every re boot.  Interestily, all other settings hold like, SSID, password and PPPOE credentials from my ISP.  I am running the latest firmware availble for the Orbi on a device that is less than 60 days old.  Firmware V3.2.16.6_1.4.4.

@ Community People, Any suggestions to fix this in settings?  Am I making a mistake.

@ ORBI folks, can you fix with a firmware push? 

This is a big issue as we use the orbi for a server,  security system and 3 wifi  cameras.  If power goes out while I am gone and can't update settings, these won't work.  I will have to return this unit to costco if this issue isn't fixed.  

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 Clear VLAN Settings on Reset

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Then configure VLAN settings? 

IF this has been done already and the configuration still disappears or gets cleared after a power cycle, you'll need to contact NG support and file a support ticket and have them help you with this.

@Blanca_O 

In the interrim, after you configure the RBR and VLAN settings, do a back up to file so you can go in and re-load the configuration with VLAN settings and get the RBR back up and running quicker. 

Message 2 of 6
jtadd
Tutor

I'll trythe back up, thanks.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
SeaRefractor
Apprentice

I am also running into this same problem. 

Have an RBK753 (RBR750 with 2 RBS750 satellites) system.    

1.  Upgraded to firmware 3.2.17.12 and performed factory reset.

I use the RBR750 as both a router (direct connection to my CenturyLink ONT) and have it configured with the PPPoE settings as well as the required VLAN 201 in order to connect to the CenturyLink fiber ONT.

About once per week (typical but a random length of time), my RBR750 will spontaneously reboot.    Have it connected to a 1500W UPS and logs do not show power interruption.     When the RBR750 reboots, all settings (including PPPoE username/password) are retained with the exception of the setting "enable VLAN".    Result is a loss of internet connectivity until I enter the user interface of the RBR750 and re-enable VLAN.    Otherwise the VLAN settings are saved, it's just a disabled state each and everytime there is an update (including firmeware upgrades) or reboot (apparently crashing?).

I have opened a support case for this as well. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted on how it goes with support. 

You might configure the ISP Modem back to router mode and let it do the PPPoE either try one of the following options:

2. Disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@SeaRefractor wrote:

I am also running into this same problem. 

Have an RBK753 (RBR750 with 2 RBS750 satellites) system.    

1.  Upgraded to firmware 3.2.17.12 and performed factory reset.

I use the RBR750 as both a router (direct connection to my CenturyLink ONT) and have it configured with the PPPoE settings as well as the required VLAN 201 in order to connect to the CenturyLink fiber ONT.

About once per week (typical but a random length of time), my RBR750 will spontaneously reboot.    Have it connected to a 1500W UPS and logs do not show power interruption.     When the RBR750 reboots, all settings (including PPPoE username/password) are retained with the exception of the setting "enable VLAN".    Result is a loss of internet connectivity until I enter the user interface of the RBR750 and re-enable VLAN.    Otherwise the VLAN settings are saved, it's just a disabled state each and everytime there is an update (including firmeware upgrades) or reboot (apparently crashing?).

I have opened a support case for this as well. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7