Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750: White light on all the time (Future request)

Mgotela4
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750: White light on all the time (Future request)

I recently purchased the Netgear Orbi RBR750 unit.  Upon setting everything up I noticed the white light on the bottom of the front (just below "Orbi") was remaining on.  Everything is working right, but I don't want this light on at all times in my dark bedroom when the Orbi needs to be out in the open.  There are not any lights on the satellites.  

I contacted netgear support and they informed me that the light is an "indicator that everything is ok".  They also said that there is no way to turn this light off, which I find unacceptable for a $550 router set up to not have the simple feature of turning this light off.  

Does anyone know of anything that maybe the netgear rep was not aware of?  

If not, how can I esculate this to Netgear to include in a future update?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mgotela4
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR750: White light on all the time (Future request)

Hi and thank you for your quick response.  

I was actually able to figure this out, even though the netgear rep informed me incorrectly.  You are correct, the light should be "off" per the owners manual.  I decided to do a factory reset and go through the set up again on the router.  This has fixed my issue and the light is now off on the router.

Thanks!

Matt

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Acutally the front LED should be OFF during normal operations:

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

If its ON, there maybe a problem in the system. 

Message 2 of 4
Mgotela4
Aspirant

Hi and thank you for your quick response.  

I was actually able to figure this out, even though the netgear rep informed me incorrectly.  You are correct, the light should be "off" per the owners manual.  I decided to do a factory reset and go through the set up again on the router.  This has fixed my issue and the light is now off on the router.

Thanks!

Matt

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7