Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR750 WiFi - SSID Not visible on some devices

Dougjc25
Follower

Orbi RBR750 WiFi - SSID Not visible on some devices

Hi, I have recently purchased the Orbi mesh system but unfortunately one of my devices (the most important one!) wont recognise the SSID.  The device is the HP Elite x 2 using Windows 10 version 1803.

Any help would be most appreciated, especially as the reason I purchased the Orbi was to improve wifi strength for use of the device that is not picking up the SSID.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

@Dougjc25 wrote:

Hi, I have recently purchased the Orbi mesh system but unfortunately one of my devices (the most important one!) wont recognise the SSID.  The device is the HP Elite x 2 using Windows 10 version 1803.

First, check with HP and the wireless network adapter vendor to install the latest drivers.  The older driver software sometimes has issues with newer wi-fi conventions like the Orbi AX systems use.

To improve Orbi AX compatibility with older wireless devices, go to orbilogin.com and in Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both bands.  If that is insufficient, try disabling (uncheck) AX Mode for 2.4Ghz in Advanced... Setup... Wireless Setup.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@Dougjc25 wrote:

Any help would be most appreciated, especially as the reason I purchased the Orbi was to improve wifi strength for use of the device that is not picking up the SSID.

Thanks

I have the same system and have 24 plus devices connected.

Sounds like you need to flush your DNS and reset the network on the HP. Then forget the network and try joining again. 

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to visit and post over in the Orbi AX Forum for your model Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

@Dougjc25 wrote:

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

@Dougjc25 wrote:

First, check with HP and the wireless network adapter vendor to install the latest drivers.  The older driver software sometimes has issues with newer wi-fi conventions like the Orbi AX systems use.

To improve Orbi AX compatibility with older wireless devices, go to orbilogin.com and in Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings set CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 for both bands.  If that is insufficient, try disabling (uncheck) AX Mode for 2.4Ghz in Advanced... Setup... Wireless Setup.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7