Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 login via browser - password never resets

joe_in_chicago
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750 login via browser - password never resets

(Orbi RBR750 isn't an option in the 'Model (Recommended...)’ — why not?

Trying to login to manage router via browser via orbilogin.com or the router's inside/LAN IP address.
admin login never works. Keep getting prompted to 'router password reset' via router SN (http://orbilogin.com/MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm), and then 'new password page'.
I enter a new password that it appears to approve of (green checkmark) by hand — no copy-paste/password manager — and the two security questions, click next and i get the username/pass floating login. If I enter 'admin' and 'password' it goes back to the 'router password reset' page. If I enter the new password (I theoretically just configured) it goes back to the 'router password reset' page.

What do I need to do to successfully complete this?
And if the answer is 'factory reset and try again', this product is a joke and I've lost confidence in NETGEAR.

Orbi RBR750
FW: V3.2.16.6
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 login via browser - password never resets

What browser are you using? 

Be sure you are clearing out all browser caches before entering the routers web page or setup wizard. 

IF you reset the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a PC or laptop and a web browser, try Edge, Firefox or Opera, walking thru the setup wizard should complete. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 login via browser - password never resets

Any progress on this? 

@joe_in_chicago wrote:

(Orbi RBR750 isn't an option in the 'Model (Recommended...)’ — why not?

Trying to login to manage router via browser via orbilogin.com or the router's inside/LAN IP address.
admin login never works. Keep getting prompted to 'router password reset' via router SN (http://orbilogin.com/MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm), and then 'new password page'.
I enter a new password that it appears to approve of (green checkmark) by hand — no copy-paste/password manager — and the two security questions, click next and i get the username/pass floating login. If I enter 'admin' and 'password' it goes back to the 'router password reset' page. If I enter the new password (I theoretically just configured) it goes back to the 'router password reset' page.

What do I need to do to successfully complete this?
And if the answer is 'factory reset and try again', this product is a joke and I've lost confidence in NETGEAR.

Orbi RBR750
FW: V3.2.16.6

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7