Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR850 - can't run Amazon Prime Video and IPhone wifi calling fails to send voice

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi RBR850 - can't run Amazon Prime Video and IPhone wifi calling fails to send voice

Yes. No streaming services worked. Latency was incredibly high. Logitech Camera couldn’t connect.

All working fine after I changed it to AP mode. Except everything seems to be connected to the RBR850 and the RBS850 appears empty
Message 51 of 64
FURRYe38
Guru

I so I wanted to see if I could replicate this with my RBR850 in router mode since It was in AP mode. So I took the RBR850 off my main network and connected it to my CM1100 WAN#2 port. Configured the RBR for router mode this time. Got it all set up. I didn't add the RBS. I will later on. 

I used this site to download a 447Mb file:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/how-to-obtain-and-install-windows...

Windows 10x64 wired PC/Opera Browser. 

As you can see it downloaded it in seconds:

DownloadwithRBRroutermode447MbFileInSeconds.png

I downloaded the FW files for the RBK852 from NG download site as well. Also came down in seconds. 

Netflix is displaying and streaming video with no hiccups.

Reason for asking about factory resets is that no body mentions it in there posts. IF they do then I don't ask. I'll keep asking when users don't mention factory resets. 

I hope this maybe a ISP modem issue for you. 

@dan_ro_ga wrote:

Thanks, I have the PACE ISP modem as well, so I'll be interested in hearing if it fixes the issue. I honestly don't think it's the PACE, but hey, why not! The fact that a different firmware version breaks even file downloads is ridiculus!  And yes, after upgrading to the latest firmware, it was hard reset back and setup from scratch...AGAIN.... so Fury, STOP, just STOP with the same bs. The simple test was go to the netgear support page, and download an older version of firmware...  running the 3.1.5.23 the downloads were fast, the 3.2.8.5 version..never finished, I litterally AGED watching it try to download, streaming failed as well...oh, and the fact that wifi calling just craps out (3 seperate phones, all experiencing the same issue)...deal breaker.. when you are in an area with bad cellular coverage, wifi calling is a saviour...netgear orbi a nightmare no one needs.

Message 52 of 64
FURRYe38
Guru

Lets continue this in your new thread...

@Retired_Member wrote:
Yes. No streaming services worked. Latency was incredibly high. Logitech Camera couldn’t connect.

All working fine after I changed it to AP mode. Except everything seems to be connected to the RBR850 and the RBS850 appears empty

Message 53 of 64
sutset
Guide

Well the new att router bwg210 fixed the download and WiFi calling issue  my case. Keeping the orbi !

if you have a pace5286ac get rid of it and get it upgraded to bwg210. 

Message 54 of 64
dan_ro_ga
Tutor

Thats great news!! May I ask what part of the country you are from? I'm in the north Atlanta area, and will reach out to ATT to see if I can get the modem upgraded.   Are you now on the latest FW on the Orbi's?

Message 55 of 64
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That’s great! I’m happy for you guys.

I’ve just switched back to my previous network and returned Orbi. Too many issues. Also, the reason I bought it was to get 5Gh maximum coverage to my outdoor cameras...that were unable to get 5Gh signal from Orbi at all. The quality was too poor and, to be honest, I’m not gonna buy router, demolish walls and build them again for a router. But at least, there is a fix.
Message 56 of 64
FURRYe38
Guru

Good new. Are you using the new 210 modems DMZ or IP passthru? for the RBR? 

@sutset wrote:

Well the new att router bwg210 fixed the download and WiFi calling issue  my case. Keeping the orbi !

Message 57 of 64
dan_ro_ga
Tutor

So an update from me, I've contacted AT&T about upgrading the pace 8268AC, and they don't have any of the 210's in their warehouse. They wanted to send me a 'newer' version of the PACE 8268AC...I declined...so I have to wait a week or so, call back and see if they have newer one's in the warehouse. oye.
Because of all the problems, and needing wifi calling to function, I returned the last Orbi (#2) and now am trying a ROK, which doesn't match the speeds that the Orbi did, but does come with wonderful debug tools. So now, can someone tell me if the channels used on an Orbi are customizable, other than the 2.4 channel. The reason I ask is, in switching the channels on the ROK the 5g#1 channel works best at 60 as the control channel, and the 5g#2 works best at 140 for the control. Their 'radar' tells me that only one other wifi is running in the 11 channel for 2.4g, where as the 2, 4, 6 channels, several wifi's are using them.  And by the way, by adjusting the channels, I"m getting wifi calling to function. Of course the lovely support people at AT&T turned the pace radio's on...and hosed my phone call with them, but now that they are back off wifi calling seems to work. And maybe this should be a different thread question, but I read through the documentation and it doesn't mention being able to change those 5g channels, just what they are set at...

TIA!

-Dan

Message 58 of 64
Bandito
Luminary

On the Orbi AX router, you can set the channel you want on the 2.4 GHz band or leave it in Auto.  On the lower channel numbers for the main 5 GHz network, channels 36-48, you must manually select a channel.  There is no Auto function.  The higher 5 GHz channels used for the backhaul are not addressable through the router's interface.

Message 59 of 64
Bandito
Luminary

In my experience, the Orbi's have been the fastest systems that I have tried, and I tried most of the competition.  The Orbi's, for me, have generally been twice as fast or more than the competition.  That's why I keep coming back to them.  Nothing else achieves their performance.

Message 60 of 64
dan_ro_ga
Tutor

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Right now, until I can get a new ISP modem ordered, I'll keep using the ROK and then return it for another Orbi to get a full test completed. Now that I've done a wifi scan and know the channel's used, I'll be able to better configure it.

thanks!

Message 61 of 64
DoctorA
Luminary

I am happy that you solved your issue.

I have been posting this bwg210 solution many times before. It is in my signature from day one and I posted before that I don't have Amazon Prime or any other streaming problem. I also posted that I solved my iPhone wifi calling issues by restarting the phone so that was not an Orbi problem either.

Pace doesn't not have a thrue pass through mode.  Because I have the same ATT provider, I know pace5286ac problems very well. When they replaced my Pace5286ac with Arris bwg210 years ago they let me keep it. When I got my RBK852 system I once tested it and it was not working properly.

I agree with your statement: 

"get rid of it and get it upgraded to bwg210." 

@sutset wrote:

@sutset wrote:

Message 62 of 64
Ddogtx
Aspirant

Seems the speed issues are being discussed but problems with Amazon Prime Video are not. I cannot run Amazon with my Orbi. Has anyone solved that?
Message 63 of 64
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@Ddogtx wrote:
Seems the speed issues are being discussed but problems with Amazon Prime Video are not. I cannot run Amazon with my Orbi. Has anyone solved that?

Message 64 of 64
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 63 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7