Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR850 speed limited on ethernet and wifi

Beneke
Aspirant

Orbi RBR850 speed limited on ethernet and wifi

The orbi router seems to throttle the speed on it's lan ports and on wifi

Rebooting the orbi helps for a short while 

after some time the speed drop to around a 90Mbit connection usually some internet glitches occurr

I if connect directly to the modem of the isp I get 800mbit plus connection

Using a linksys router inbetween I also get 800mbit plus connection

After a reboot I usually get the 800mbit speed for a while but then it drops again making me very sad about this very expensive product.

Since I'm still in warranty I'm thinking about returning this product unless this gets fixed soon.

I first thought it was an issue with the isp but did some extensive testing with them and there is no issue with their connection.

I also tried the factory reset as mentioned on some other topic 

Highspeed internet acces laster for about 2 mins  600mbit plus download 50mbit upload

donwloads limited again to 90 mbit upload goes anywhere between 0.5mbit en 40mbit

Really dissappointed in this product

PS I also checked this Faq  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

But no look so far 😞

Basic routing functionality that works well  with other routers is a problem as well as wifi.

I can't keep resetting the router which seems to solve the issue for a while between 2min and 60mins and then everything is throttled again.

Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

If you have already checked the checklist provided by @Mikey94025 , especially point# 2 related to the ISP mode/router, then I have additional questions to you please:

• Do you have any mesh speakers (e.g. Sonos) attached to your Orbi? Wired or wireless?
  • Do you have any wifi repeaters in your network, or any device that can act as a repeater?

Fo me it looks like you have a device in your network causing this issue. It will be good if you can list the types of all devices that you have in the network. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@Beneke wrote:

The orbi router seems to throttle the speed on it's lan ports and on wifi

Rebooting the orbi helps for a short while 

after some time the speed drop to around a 90Mbit connection usually some internet glitches occurr

I if connect directly to the modem of the isp I get 800mbit plus connection

Using a linksys router inbetween I also get 800mbit plus connection

After a reboot I usually get the 800mbit speed for a while but then it drops again making me very sad about this very expensive product.

Since I'm still in warranty I'm thinking about returning this product unless this gets fixed soon.

I first thought it was an issue with the isp but did some extensive testing with them and there is no issue with their connection.

I also tried the factory reset as mentioned on some other topic 

Highspeed internet acces laster for about 2 mins  600mbit plus download 50mbit upload

donwloads limited again to 90 mbit upload goes anywhere between 0.5mbit en 40mbit

Really dissappointed in this product

PS I also checked this Faq  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

But no look so far 😞

Basic routing functionality that works well  with other routers is a problem as well as wifi.

I can't keep resetting the router which seems to solve the issue for a while between 2min and 60mins and then everything is throttled again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7