Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS 850 IPV6 BUG

fangruoyuan
Guide

Orbi RBS 850 IPV6 BUG

RBS wired to RBR850, PC wired to RBR850 can pass ipv6 test, PC wired to RBS850 can't pass ipv6 test.(cellphone, ipad wireless device connect to this rbs 850 can NOT pass ipv6 test) RBS 850 wireless backhual to RBR850, PC wired to this RBS850 can pass ipv6 test(cellphone, ipad wireless device connect to this rbs 850 can pass ipv6 test)

I mean wired satellite can't pass ipv6 test( any devices connect to the satellite have ipv6 address, i did traceroute and ping -6) it seems there is a wall between wired satellite and the RBR 850(ipv6), Or there is a broken ipv6 channel indeed for wired rbs850,so even it has ipv6 address and looks normal, still fails in ipv6 test.

Wireless satellite is all good for ipv6 staff.

RBR850 AND RBS850 all work in AP mode.

Message 1 of 5
Dd852
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBS 850 IPV6 BUG

Hi - yes, I experienced this too. Ipv6 gets passed perfectly when the satellites are on wifi backhaul; wired backhaul routinely breaks it. So I've reconfigured my set up so I'm on only wifi, but not everybody has the house layout to be able to do this.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about and let them know. 

Message 3 of 5
Dd852
Luminary

Thanks for the suggestion, but! While I like Orbi very much as a product, Netgear so-called "customer service" has been a horrible experience when I've tried it, and I'm one of the suckers who even paid for a longer service contract. I would not waste my time with it again. As a mesh router, it's great. But as a company, it has a lot to learn from, for example, Apple, waht customer service and support actually mean. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can contact a forum moderator aswell:

@Blanca_O 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo