Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBS852 - satellite transmission strength

McLong
Apprentice

Orbi RBS852 - satellite transmission strength

is there anyway to decrease the transmission strength of the satellite unit? Smart lights are jumping from base to satellite which is causing glitches with LIFX lights. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

You can certainly post about this request here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

ALso there maybe reasons why NG or the code base may not allow or maybe cause problems if power on the RBS are changed. There maybe reason why they are set statically and not adjustable. I presume there are some configurations in the code where the RBS have to or need to be at full power vs having them adjusted. Handshaking and contact with the RBR and devices need to be priority. 

I presume there maybe some Smart Connect or Band Steering adjustments that NG can look at and help tune up. 

Another factor in all this is surroundings, envrionment, placement, noise and conditions that may cause users to see odd behaviors in how there devices are getting connected. Also it's up to the devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't believe there is any way to control the power output on the RBS. Only the RBR. 

Message 2 of 4
McLong
Apprentice

Can we as early adopters request additional features? I see a real need for this to cut down on issues with devices hopping especially as more people integrate more smart home devices. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You can certainly post about this request here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

ALso there maybe reasons why NG or the code base may not allow or maybe cause problems if power on the RBS are changed. There maybe reason why they are set statically and not adjustable. I presume there are some configurations in the code where the RBS have to or need to be at full power vs having them adjusted. Handshaking and contact with the RBR and devices need to be priority. 

I presume there maybe some Smart Connect or Band Steering adjustments that NG can look at and help tune up. 

Another factor in all this is surroundings, envrionment, placement, noise and conditions that may cause users to see odd behaviors in how there devices are getting connected. Also it's up to the devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7