Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Satellite permanently pinging the gateway

bpalob
Tutor

Orbi Satellite permanently pinging the gateway

First of all, I am using the Orbi RBR750 system, which I didn´t find in the Model Listing for this forum. 

The FW in use is V3.2.16.22_1.4.9.

I found a thread about the same issue, which seems to be closed but inconclusive.

For some reason I started monitoring my LAN traffic by mirroring interfaces on a switch to which the ORBI is connected.

My Orbi Satellite is constantly pinging the Orbi Router (Satellite 10.3.8.3 - Router 10.3.8.1). Every 2 seconds one ping. All day long.

Is this really intended bahaviour? This constant icmp traffic somehow disturbs me.

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would presume so as there is a status report and detection happening with in the system and maintaining the connection between the units. If something happens then the status changes and thus the front LED will give indication of this. All this and other things rely on this design. Something to ask NG support about for more information. 

Message 2 of 9
Bingoig11
Star

Have this kind of issue with the Mesh Nighthawk, except that the satellite is pinging a netgear website every second...

Case opened with Netgear, abnormal behaviour, waiting for a new firmware to be published (no ETA).

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW are you using? 

@Bingoig11 wrote:

Have this kind of issue with the Mesh Nighthawk, except that the satellite is pinging a netgear website every second...

Case opened with Netgear, abnormal behaviour, waiting for a new firmware to be published (no ETA).

Message 4 of 9
Bingoig11
Star

FW version is V1.0.6.110_2.0.49

Netgear support closed the case saying that the issue is identified and should be resolved in the next firmware.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi do you have? 

@Bingoig11 wrote:

FW version is V1.0.6.110_2.0.49

Netgear support closed the case saying that the issue is identified and should be resolved in the next firmware.

Message 6 of 9
Bingoig11
Star

As stated in my first reply, I'm facing similar issue with the Mesh Nighthawk system, not Orbi 🙂

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Well I believe these two systems are different. I would recommend that you post over in the NH Mesh forum for that. Maybe similar problem not really not the same nor are these systems the same. 

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements