Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi SpeedTest not working

Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

Orbi SpeedTest not working

Has anyone had a problem running the Orbi Speed Test from the App?  I started having problems a few days after setup...it worked for several days, then stopped working.  I contacted Netgear, reset the router, reset the modem, reinstalled the app...all several times...but no success.  The error says "Connection Failed".

Message 1 of 44

Accepted Solutions
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

Re: Orbi SpeedTest not working on RBR and RBK 6K

I had tried rebooting my router and other components multiple times with no luck.  I was able to contact NG support (Rose) and she suggested that I do a factory reset.  She walked me through it and actually did most of the reset remotely.  It was then necessary to do a new system setup for my router.  Rose stayed on the line while everything rebooted.  When I tried the SpeedTest upon full system startup, it worked.  It has been working since last Friday.  It took about an hour, and I had to clear my schedule and family's schedule to enable full shutdown of my WiFi, but in the end, everything is working great now.  I hope it works for you, too.

View solution in original post

Message 37 of 44

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi SpeedTest not working

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does the speed test work from the RBRs web page under QoS use a web browser? 

Does ooklas installable speed test app work from a wired PC and wireless mobile device? 

Message 2 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

The firmware is V3.2.16.6.  I have a Motorola modem through Spectrum.  

Message 3 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

Ookla test works, but not the test via the app.

Message 4 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

Modem model:  Motorola E31U2V1

I have not tried the Speed Test other than through the app or via the Ookla site.

Message 5 of 44
donawalt
Virtuoso

Ijust tried the Speed test from the Orbi app, it worked fine for me twice. (I am on Comcast).

Message 6 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Try uninstalling the orbi app. Reboot your mobile device. Re-install the app, then run thru a NEW SETUP on the app. Then try the speed test again.

@Fritzsche0529 wrote:

Ookla test works, but not the test via the app.

Message 7 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

I deleted the app, rebooted the device (iPad), reinstalled the app.  I still have the same error.

Message 8 of 44
BiGMERF
Apprentice

speedtest within the app is working for me.. however history will not... I mean I just got my ax6000 yesterday, however i did do about 12-15 yesterday..they where all listed then today i woke up and they are all gone.. history is blank

Message 9 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Let them know what your seeing. 

Thank you. 

@BiGMERF wrote:

speedtest within the app is working for me.. however history will not... I mean I just got my ax6000 yesterday, however i did do about 12-15 yesterday..they where all listed then today i woke up and they are all gone.. history is blank

Message 10 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app
Let them know what your seeing. 

Thank you. 

@Fritzsche0529 wrote:

I deleted the app, rebooted the device (iPad), reinstalled the app.  I still have the same error.

Message 11 of 44
Fritzsche0529
Apprentice

The error I'm seeing is:  "connection failed.  If the problem persists try rebooting your router"

everything else seems to be working fine...connectivity is good throughout the house, the satellites are visible, all connected devices show up...I just can't get the SpeedTest to run.

Message 12 of 44
BiGMERF
Apprentice

figured out my issue...

I took the previous tests on my ipad and didnt see it on my iphone.. so i guess it saves it on the device you took the test only...

Message 13 of 44
Jim3871
Tutor

I can’t run the speedtest in the Orbi app either. Error recommends to reboot the router after over 20 configuration changes and reboot it still will not work. Speed test from Ookla works without error from windows app, web browser, iphone app just not from the Orbi app.

Connected to a MOFI4500 sim 7 V2 to Visible wireless. Modem setup in passthrough mode firewall on and off same result.

I have read about this and the only solutions I saw was to roll back the firmware. That was in a 2018 post so that is not possible for me.

The only other issue the modem has is my Carrier infinity touch t-stat will not wifi.
Oh BTW speedtest did work the for few days after setup so yes I may have selected a bad configuration option. I am not ready to do a factory reset to shotgun the problem yet.

ideas?

Message 14 of 44
Jim3871
Tutor

PS firmware V3.2.16.6_1.4.4 

Message 15 of 44
tedmichon
Tutor

Same here, worked for months, now nothing.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 16 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with NG support about this. Maybe something on there side of the fence regarding this that they need to address. 

@tedmichon wrote:
Same here, worked for months, now nothing.

Message 17 of 44
Cshartma
Guide

I’ve had my Orbi 6 since March. The speed test within the app was working great up until about The JUky / August timeframe when I did a firmware update. Ever since the speed test hasn’t worked. I’ve called netgear 4 times - each time on hold for over 1.5 hours. They can’t figure it out. Incompetent support - that they now want me to pay for as my support contract has expired. That’s not going to happen. Very disappointed in the app but extremely disappointed in their support.
Message 18 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with NG support about this. Maybe something on there side of the fence regarding this that they need to address. In meantime, you can use Ooklas installable speedtest app to check  speeds. 

@Cshartma wrote:
I’ve had my Orbi 6 since March. The speed test within the app was working great up until about The JUky / August timeframe when I did a firmware update. Ever since the speed test hasn’t worked. I’ve called netgear 4 times - each time on hold for over 1.5 hours. They can’t figure it out. Incompetent support - that they now want me to pay for as my support contract has expired. That’s not going to happen. Very disappointed in the app but extremely disappointed in their support.

Message 19 of 44
BiGMERF
Apprentice

well now mines is not working..

my system is a week old... everything else works fine and so did the speed test..

Now I get an error everytime i tried

delteing app and reboots do not work...

this is an obvious bug

Message 20 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with NG support about this. Maybe something on there side of the fence regarding this that they need to address. In meantime, you can use Ooklas installable speedtest app to check  speeds.

@Blanca_O 

@BiGMERF wrote:

well now mines is not working..

my system is a week old... everything else works fine and so did the speed test..

Now I get an error everytime i tried

delteing app and reboots do not work...

this is an obvious bug

Message 21 of 44
BiGMERF
Apprentice

At this point this seems to be a bug that needs to be addressed.   It's happening to many different users

Message 22 of 44
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes we know. NG needs to know about your experiences. You can contact them and file a support ticket and let them know. Theres nothing we can do about this here in the forums. 

Message 23 of 44
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Yea I sent one in 

Message 24 of 44
Jim3871
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion to contact support. I have a couple thoughts about that. Contacting them was one of the first things I did but after 1.5 hours they wanted to do a factory reset and start over which I know would take me 3 hours to get is all back and reading other comment having no success wiht that I figured that I need to be better preparied. I have about 3 or 4 issues and need to document them and be ready to spend 4-5 hours and work through them.   Also speed test does not work when you log into the router either which also means QoS does not work. Hmm.  I get dropping IP's, cant find web link sites redirects on first try, pop3 failures (static IP on my desktop fixed that)  Audio devecie once a week ping, ping , ping like when they are reconneccting to the network and get thier IP . etc.   Sorry these issues do nnot belong on this topic.

The last thing I have to say is that I am supprized at your comment about not being able to fix things here.  Most all the technical forums I have used there is a tech support staff presance that frequents the forum and trys to help  Are you saying NG hosts this forum but never looks in? 😞

Well thanks for trying to help!

Message 25 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7