Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi SpeedTest not working

suzimogavero
Aspirant

Orbi SpeedTest not working

Orbi SpeedTest not working up until three weeks ago.  Cannot find the issue as to why it would just stop working.  Very dissapointed in Netgear as I paid top dollar for this mesh system and you would think they would have all of the kinks worked out.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi SpeedTest not working

What model Orbi do you have?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the speed test app on the router not working or is the Orbi app speed test not working? 

Can't assume it's NG fault until we get more details and troubleshoot the problem.

Message 2 of 16
Neuton
Tutor

I have the same issue.  I called Netgear support, what a disappointment they are.   No solution, they want me to spend my time helping them document the issue. Also, the wired and wireless speed are terrible.  Meanwhile I shelled out $500 for this frustration and dissatisfaction.

Firmware: 3.2.16.6

Verizon FIOS 1Gb - Router Verizon G3100

Message 3 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the speed test app on the router not working or is the Orbi app speed test not working? 

Are you testing with a wired or wireless device? 

@Neuton wrote:

I have the same issue.  I called Netgear support, what a disappointment they are.   No solution, they want me to spend my time helping them document the issue. Also, the wired and wireless speed are terrible.  Meanwhile I shelled out $500 for this frustration and dissatisfaction.

Message 4 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What node is your modem working in? If router mode, This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

@Neuton wrote:

Message 5 of 16
Neuton
Tutor

RBK 753 Firmware: 3.2.16.6

Verizon Router G3100

ONT Verizon I-211M-L

The speed test fails on both.   Using Speedtest.net shows very slow speeds both on wired and wireless connections.

Message 6 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What node is your modem working in?

Message 7 of 16
Neuton
Tutor

Node 1.  It is the only node being utilized,.

Message 8 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Oops, typo on my part. Sorry. Meant to say what MODE is your modem working in? Router or bridged? 

Message 9 of 16
Neuton
Tutor

Verizon Router is in bridge mode, Orbi Router mode

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Oops, typo on my part. Sorry. Meant to say what MODE is your modem working in? Router or bridged? 

Message 10 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok.

You might try newer FW, load on the RBS first then RBR then factory reset, power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back on, then walk thru the setup wizard. I would not enable Armor. Run a speed test with a wired PC and Ooklas installable speed test app on the PC first. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-Firmware-Out-Today/m-p/2005684/highlight/true#M9268

Message 11 of 16
Neuton
Tutor

I have the newest firmware that is publically available.  I have performed a factory reset on the router and satellites and manually loaded the a fresh copy of the newest firmware in the exact order you described.

I appreciate you help with this.  This thing cost $500.  I should. not have to do all this to make it work correctly.  I am going to return it.

Message 12 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, sorry it didn't work out.

Good Luck. 

Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Blanca_O 

@suzimogavero wrote:

Orbi SpeedTest not working up until three weeks ago.  Cannot find the issue as to why it would just stop working.  Very dissapointed in Netgear as I paid top dollar for this mesh system and you would think they would have all of the kinks worked out.

Message 14 of 16
suzimogavero
Aspirant

No progress. Rebooted and same error. What a joke.
Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Try udpating FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-Firmware-Out-Today/m-p/2005684/highlight/true#M9268

Orbi speedtest app is working for me:

IMG_9862.PNG

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7