Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi 6 RBK352 AX1800 and Lenovo Z51

Windy752
Tutor

Orbi WiFi 6 RBK352 AX1800 and Lenovo Z51

I have just installed an Orbi WiFi 6 RBR350 and satellite to replace a Virgin Hub 3. Set the Orbi up with the same SSID and password as the Hub 3 and all my devices (Asus laptop, iPhone,iPad, Raspberry Pi) successfully connected, apart from my wife's Lenovo Z51 which does not even see the wifi network.

I have tried updating the Lenovo wifi driver but it is up to date, other forums suggest changing the CTS/RTS value or changing the 5GHz channels to avoid DFS but neither seem to be configurable on the RBR350 with the latest firmware.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 RBK352 AX1800 and Lenovo Z51

What wireless card is in the lenovo? 

What driver version is it using? 

many people update the driver through windows or lenovo. They rarely have the latest driver. And if its an intel card, get the driver from intel as the versions that windows/lenovo have didn't recognize AX 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What wireless card is in the lenovo? 

What driver version is it using? 

many people update the driver through windows or lenovo. They rarely have the latest driver. And if its an intel card, get the driver from intel as the versions that windows/lenovo have didn't recognize AX 

Message 2 of 5
Mikey94025
Hero

@Windy752 wrote:

I have tried updating the Lenovo wifi driver but it is up to date, other forums suggest changing the CTS/RTS value or changing the 5GHz channels to avoid DFS but neither seem to be configurable on the RBR350 with the latest firmware.

Really, the RBR350 has a different admin website (http://orbilogin.com)?  These options cannot be changed via the app but use the admin website.  Does it have an Advanced tab with Advanced...Wireless Settings options?  Can you give us a screenshot?

While updating your Windows wireless device drivers is a good idea and often resolves WiFi 6 compatibility issues, setting CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 in Advanced...Wireless Settings usually improves compatibility with older wireless devices.

Message 3 of 5
Windy752
Tutor

Thanks, I downloaded the driver from the Intel website and it worked. Had to install the driver manually as the Intel driver check as well as the Lenovo one and Windows all said the driver was up to date. I suppose it makes sense as the Z51 is now obsolete and Lenovo will not have udated the driver compatibility. Anyway I have WiFi connection now which is the main point.

Message 4 of 5
Windy752
Tutor

@Mikey94025 wrote:

@Windy752 wrote:

Really, the RBR350 has a different admin website (http://orbilogin.com)?  These options cannot be changed via the app but use the admin website.  Does it have an Advanced tab with Advanced...Wireless Settings options?  Can you give us a screenshot?

While updating your Windows wireless device drivers is a good idea and often resolves WiFi 6 compatibility issues, setting CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 in Advanced...Wireless Settings usually improves compatibility with older wireless devices.

Thanks, I did login to http://orbilogin.com but even in the Advanced tab couldn't see these options. I have solved the problem now by downloading and installing the laptop WiFi driver directly from the Intel support site as suggested.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7