Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000 with Outdoor Mesh Point

kleek1975
Guide

Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000 with Outdoor Mesh Point

I currently deploy Netgear Insight managed switches on my home network.  I really like the Insight App.  Replacing the unmanaged switches with the Netgear Insight managed switches solved all of my LAN issues.  But I digress...  I'm considering upgrading my Amplifi HD wifi system with an Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000.  My home has fiber and 1000 MB/s upload/dowload speed and I consistenly see 900 Mb/s up/down on my LAN.  Wifi is another story... I have a large backyard with a pool and other ammenities (not to mention lots of outdoor devices that need good wifi).  I don't want an extender as I move back and forth from the indoor and outdoor areas of my home regularly.  Does Netgear make a Mesh Point for outdoors that is compatible with the Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000?  Not an extender, but a true mesh point.  My existing Amplifi HD system is just not up to par for a gigabit world or outdoor wifi.
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi 6 System (RBK853) AX6000 with Outdoor Mesh Point

No. The RBS50Y is an out door satellite that works only in extnder mode with Orbi AX. If you want this RBS to work in Orbi mode, then Orbi AC system is compatible, i.e. RBK50 series system.

Message 2 of 4
kleek1975
Guide

Thanks for the info.  Since I have fiber with gigaspeed comng into the house, I'll just wait to upgrade until Netgear comes out with an outdoor mesh point that will work in Orbi mode with the new AX6000 system.  Is that coming soon Netgear?  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't post information on when new products are forth coming. They usually will make an anouncement on there main web page. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7