Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Wifi6 - Need Dates

Poolrad
Star

Orbi Wifi6 - Need Dates

Ok I'm one of the early adopters so I get that, I replaced my older Orbi with the new AX Wifi6 and I really like the speed increase. However I need another satelite (yes it's a giant house) and I need Circle for my kids. We need some dates for when these options/features will be released. Yes I know, early adopter pain. I'm just asking to tell us when to expect these things.

Thanks..

Message 1 of 14
inc2k
Tutor

Its the only reason I haven't upgraded yet.  I need an extra sattelite to cover my house.

I wish the new system allowed us to use the old sattelites at least for now.

@Poolrad wrote:

Ok I'm one of the early adopters so I get that, I replaced my older Orbi with the new AX Wifi6 and I really like the speed increase. However I need another satelite (yes it's a giant house) and I need Circle for my kids. We need some dates for when these options/features will be released. Yes I know, early adopter pain. I'm just asking to tell us when to expect these things.

Thanks..

Message 2 of 14
Nsiddons
Apprentice

I’m in the same boat with you. Typically I haven't seen netgear put out dates before. I have a dead rbs50y sitting by the pool Area.
Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't give out dates when new stuff or releases will be made avaialble before hand. When NG is ready, they do it and will be annouced by NG. You'll just need to keep an eye out here in the forums or on NG product support page for when they become announed and available. 

Circle and or Armor will be follow on additions in FW. We saw that it was about a year or so before NG added Circle and Armor to Orbi AC. Hopefully it won't take them that long, however it's up to NG. Again, you'll have to wait for this feature to be added. 

Message 4 of 14
Poolrad
Star

I don’t think that answer is good enough for a customer who lost significant features in an upgrade. New product I get that, but to extend existing services then dates and commitments should be published. Hurry up and wait isn’t a good answer to customers who have a choice on where to spend their money.
Message 5 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

I agree. Again, most mfrs don't publish or make public when new stuff is forth coming until they are ready too. Been like this for a while. 

Additonal RBS was mentioned here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPVGv0IHVao&feature=youtu.be

Message 6 of 14
DoctorA
Luminary

I am happy with two additional RBS 50 satellites I got it very cheap from the big wearhouse store. I am using the extra RBR 50 router for my vacation home. The satellites worked wired to my RBK 852 system. I have not tested RBS 50 wirelessly after yesterday's firmware update. I did not see wireless support in the release notes for RBS 50 or RBS 50Y outdoor yet.

Message 7 of 14
jodax
Apprentice

Yeah, I returned my RBK852 after encountering a bunch of issues (and secondly, after realizing that Circle and Armor is not implemented yet)

But yes, it was a hardware update but a software downgrade at best.

I'm squishing all the juice out of my old RBK50 for now, hoping that the firmware updates doesn't become worst as they are right now. 

Message 8 of 14
Poolrad
Star

Still no updates. Bought months ago.. still can’t buy another satellite and still no circle or armor. This is not a good customer experience, get your act together.
Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

NG may not chose to make RBS as a separate item. There only currently availalbe in the Kits.

Circle and Armor may not be seen immediately either. It took NG several months after release of the Orbi AC to get Circle and Armor. I think it was about 1.5-2years. It was a while. These also presented there own issues into Orbi. 

Message 10 of 14
Chuck_M
Mentor

But didnt they say in that YouTube video they were going to sell RBS850s individually?  could have sworn they did.

Message 11 of 14
Bandito
Luminary

Yes, they did say they would have standalone satellites available soon, though soon is open to interpretation.

Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Also users or perspective buys need to be patient. There maybe reasons why NG hasn't come to market with stand alone RBSs yet. 

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7