Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi ax drops all 2.4 connection every 5 to 7 days

sutset
Guide

Orbi ax drops all 2.4 connection every 5 to 7 days

All my 2.4 connections both router and satellite drop every 5 to 7 days. A reboot always brings them back. Anyone else having this issue? This has been going on since latest software was installed.

Message 1 of 7
RyoWong
Aspirant

Orbi ax drops all 2.4 connection every 5 to 7 days x 2

Message 2 of 7
KMDonlon
Luminary

Yes, seems to drop my Trane XL824 thermostat every 4 days or so. Thought it was just me.
Message 3 of 7
Forevermore
Aspirant

It is happening to me as well. Power cycling the satellite is the only thing that seems to resolve it, but only temporarily. In about a week or less it's dead again and have to recycle it again. It's getting very annoying. Never had any issues like this with my old Orbi.

Message 4 of 7
sutset
Guide

So support told me for 2.4 to always use channel 11. So I changed it from auto to 11 and mine has dropped again. But it has only been 4 days or so. A new software was released today support for multi satellites and bunch of bug fixes. I notice that my devices have stronger signals after upgrade. 

Message 5 of 7
FarmerBob1
Luminary

@sutset wrote:

So support told me for 2.4 to always use channel 11. So I changed it from auto to 11 and mine has dropped again. But it has only been 4 days or so. A new software was released today support for multi satellites and bunch of bug fixes. I notice that my devices have stronger signals after upgrade. 

What version was the new release?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:

IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

@sutset wrote:

All my 2.4 connections both router and satellite drop every 5 to 7 days. A reboot always brings them back. Anyone else having this issue? This has been going on since latest software was installed.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7