Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi ax4200 and LG OLED amazon and Netflix streaming issues. Buffering and dropping out of 4K

mirage_man
Guide

Orbi ax4200 and LG OLED amazon and Netflix streaming issues. Buffering and dropping out of 4K

Just purchased an Orbi AX4200 Mesh system along with upgrading my internet service to 400mbps. I sat down to watch a show on Amazon Prime and I'm getting buffering and the video quality constantly dropping out of 4K into a really fuzzy picture. It is extremely distracting and very disappointing considering my old router never had this issue whatsoever. The device manager says my internet speeds are well above 400mbps and the signal strength is "Very Good" in the TV's location. In fact the router is literally on the other side of the wall not two feet away! Netflix also had trouble as well opening. Gave me an error at first.

I'm very frustrated after spending almost $500 on a router sytem that is no better than a $99 standalone. Considering streaming video is a top priority for a router. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what is going on and if there's a fix. If not this will be going back ASAP. 

And yes I know it would be better to hardwire the tv to the router but that's not an option.

Message 1 of 5
mirage_man
Guide

Re: Orbi ax4200 and LG OLED amazon and Netflix streaming issues. Buffering and dropping out of 4K

BTW FW version is V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi ax4200 and LG OLED amazon and Netflix streaming issues. Buffering and dropping out of 4K

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What devices do you have connecrted to the system?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 3 of 5
mirage_man
Guide

Well not sure what happened but the issue seems to have resolved itself.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably not Orbi related. Please mark your thread as solved.

Enjoy. 

@mirage_man wrote:
Well not sure what happened but the issue seems to have resolved itself.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7