Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi ax6000 rbr850 Best setup for at&t gateway and Xbox series x

skywalker32cjj
Aspirant

Orbi ax6000 rbr850 Best setup for at&t gateway and Xbox series x

Hi, I've been on the phone with at&t a few times and thought it was partially solved but still having problems. Isp put there gateway in ip passthrough with antennas off and left everything else alone. They did open alot of ports on my Xbox but thats it. They told me to leave orbi in ap mode and whatever they did it made my nat open on Xbox until last night when it went back to strict nat. Also when it was open nat I couldn't open socialclub.rockstargames.com in browser,which controls some of my games for xbox. What is the best ways to setup the orbi with at&t gateway for xbox. Thanks
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
skywalker32cjj
Aspirant

Re: Orbi ax6000 rbr850 Best setup for at&t gateway and Xbox series x

Was on last night with at&t Support and what we did was put there gateway in ip passthrough. Closed all the ports we opened for xbox and put orbi ax6000 in router mode. They opened all the ports for the Xbox on the orbi and as of last night it was working. Open nat and I was able to get into socialclub.rockstargames.com To be able to play gta5 &red dead 2. I appreciate all the help. Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Did you try pressing the power button on the front of the xbox and hold it until the xbox shuts off then power OFF both ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds then back on then power ON the xbox and check NAT status? 

IP pass thru should NOT be used if the RBR is in AP mode. This puts the RBR and your entire network on front lines with out any firewall. Other suggestion could be to use the IP pass on the modem thru for the RBR in router mode. 

I presume the ISP set xbox port configurations on the modem? Did the disable uPnP if they set up some port forward configurations? uPnP should be disabled if port foward configurations are used. 

Message 2 of 10
skywalker32cjj
Aspirant

The at&t gateway is a BGW210-700. I've tried all those things with resetting Xbox, orbi and at&t gateway. When you said put modem in ip passthrough through orbi, does that mean I leave orbi in router mode? Also I saw some info online about disabling packets and firewall on gateway. Is this something I should do?
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes put the RBR in router mode when using IP pass thru. 

You can try that on the modem as well, however that shouldn't interfer when you use IP pass thru...

Message 4 of 10
skywalker32cjj
Aspirant

Ok, thanks for the quick responses. On the upnp, I didn't see it in the at&t gateway settings. So I don't know if they did anything with that. Once I switch the orbi to router mode, I should be able to disable upnp or enable it on the orbi?
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Should be able to keep uPNP enabled if your using IP Pass thru on the modem...

Message 6 of 10
skywalker32cjj
Aspirant

Just tried with at&t gateway in ip passthrough and orbi in router mode. Just got double strict nat. Tried turning off upnp and got strict nat. I'm currently on the phone with at&t but I don't know if they'll be able to solve it. Should I open the ports for xbox on the orbi? Thank you for your time
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this, set NAT Filter to OPEN on the RBR and see if this changes anything on the xbox. 

Message 8 of 10
skywalker32cjj
Aspirant

Was on last night with at&t Support and what we did was put there gateway in ip passthrough. Closed all the ports we opened for xbox and put orbi ax6000 in router mode. They opened all the ports for the Xbox on the orbi and as of last night it was working. Open nat and I was able to get into socialclub.rockstargames.com To be able to play gta5 &red dead 2. I appreciate all the help. Thanks
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad they helped you get it working. Seems like there modem is working well for port usage. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7