Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not working with Blink Camera

Coffee90
Aspirant

Orbi not working with Blink Camera

Hello, I just got the Orbi RBK853 and I'm loving it so far but it doesn't seem to work well with my Blink Outdoor camera.  Blink cameras are not compatible with WPA3 so i made a guest network with wpa/wpa2 but it is still having connection issues.  I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar issue with a possible solution or tips for me?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi not working with Blink Camera

I recommend not using WPA3, its still in development and already has been compromised. Try WPA2 and AES.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend not using WPA3, its still in development and already has been compromised. Try WPA2 and AES.

Message 2 of 5
Coffee90
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply! I think you are right.  I'll stick with the WPA2 Personal for now since that should work with most of my smart devices.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds good. The WPA developers need to work on WPA3 and get it working well. Hopefully they can make both WPA2 and WPA3 work together in a mixed mode. For now, WPA2 is best. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

There is no good reason to not upgrade to WPA3. WPA3 security still has edge over the old WPA2 security and addresses most of the shortcomings of WPA2 protocol.

WPA3 can be backwards compatible to WPA2, so if any of your devices don’t support WPA3 security, it can still connect using the WPA2 protocol. Here there might be some security vulnerabilities exist in the transition mechanism. This is however crying on a very high level. certainly not as bad as any WPA2 mode.

Oh and some clients have their own issues - some can't connect using WPA2-PSK to a "mixed mode" WPA3-SAE. And for thos having a mix of WPA2 and WPA3 access points/routers, a Windows 10 client which has connected to WPA3 will no longer connect to a WPA2-PSK with the same wireless SSID and profile.

PS. WPA2-PSK is be default AES, WPA-PSK TKIP and WPA2-PSK TKIP/AES miced modes are depreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7