Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi satellites not connecting

envirotecky
Follower

Orbi satellites not connecting

Im ready to chuck it out the window.  We had a disruption thru internet provider. When it came back up the Orbi would not work.  My internet provider, Spectrum, has disruptions in service frequently here.  If I have to go thru tthis evry time, its not worth the trouble to me to spend hours trying to reconnect the Mesh network.  I have tried resetting everything and finally got the Orbi router to connect.  But satellites will not. suggestions???

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Orbi satellites not connecting

You said Satellites.... can you tell us how many you have and how they are connected (wired or 5G RF backhaul)?

If wired, is there a switch between the RBR and RBS?

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi satellites not connecting

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

The RBS should auto sync to the RBR if there is a power loss. They should remain connected to the RBR if the RBR looses connection to the ISP modem...

@envirotecky wrote:

Im ready to chuck it out the window.  We had a disruption thru internet provider. When it came back up the Orbi would not work.  My internet provider, Spectrum, has disruptions in service frequently here.  If I have to go thru tthis evry time, its not worth the trouble to me to spend hours trying to reconnect the Mesh network.  I have tried resetting everything and finally got the Orbi router to connect.  But satellites will not. suggestions???

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7