Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi wifi 6 compatibility

cperry92
Follower

Orbi wifi 6 compatibility

Orbi wifi 6 compatibility

Just upgradedt the orbi router with wifi 6 (package has router and satellite RBK852.  At best buy they also sol me the outdoor satelliite and some plug ins. Apparently they are not compativle with the wifi 6 models and they do not yet sell the satellites individually. So I am stuck needing some extentions in my house iwth plaster walls untill they sell it separately or extend products. Also most everything reconnected but my Canon ip110 pixma printer. It will not recognize the wifi and canon could not help. I have tried eveything I know. Are there known incompaticilities with canon and wifi 6? ugh! This could get $$

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

THe outdoor RBS was supposidly to work with Orbi AX. Seems that some users are experiencing otherwise. 

You can disable AX mode on the RBR and see if this helps with getting your devices connected...

Message 2 of 4
Chuck_M
Mentor

I recommend you check your printer for current firmware and drivers.

Message 3 of 4
Tangmu
Star

I had a similar experience with several devices.  In most cases, like an Epson printer and Lenovo notebook, updating the firmware on the client device go it working.  I had to disable AX to get others to connect.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7