Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi wifi 6 speed test in orbi app not working

Cyclechick
Initiate

Orbi wifi 6 speed test in orbi app not working

I have the Netgear Orbi Router RBR 750. The app has a speed test option and when I select to use it it tells me ‘connection failed, if problem persists reboot your router’. I have reboot my router twice and I have reset my modem. I have a speed test that I use separate from the modem that works so I know the wifi in the house is good. I have no way of telling how it is between the router and modem. I have only had the router a few days. I am frustrated this is already happening. It worked a few days ago. I hope I don’t have to factory reset the entire thing.
Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Cyclechick
Initiate

Re: Orbi wifi 6 speed test in orbi app not working

I ended up doing a factory reset and that fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Cyclechick,

I have responded to your message.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
PRobes
Aspirant

Hello, I have the same issue with the internet speed test for my RBR750 mesh system.  The app reports "connection failed," and I have rebooted the router several times and reinstalled the app as well.  The speed test within the browser window when I log in from my desktop PC also will not update.  

I just switched to a new ISP and want to verify I am receiving the speed I am paying for.  What is the solution to this problem?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on been performed  on the RBR and ISP Modem?

Message 4 of 6
Cyclechick
Initiate

I ended up doing a factory reset and that fixed the issue.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7