Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi with QNAP

entdgc
Aspirant

Orbi with QNAP

I have been asked to repost this question in this forum as apparently it is the better place...

My new Orbi RBR350 pack arrived today and have been installing it and updating to the latest firmware etc. Everything working now except I cant access my QNAP NAS. It shows up in the app with an Orbi assigned IP address but I cant access it from my computer, nor can I see the music server running on the NAS.

My setup is...

Plusnet Broadband > Plusnet Router > Orbi > NAS QNAP TS251

All connections are wired. The NAS is assigned an IP address by the Orbi.

I came across this thread https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Cannot-access-NAS-after-switching-to-Orbi/td-p/1774024.

My Plusnet Router cannot be set to bridge mode, so, as suggested in option 2, I have disabled the DHCP server and wifi on the modem, configured the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi but still no joy.

I dont want to use the DHCP on the Plusnet router as one of the reasons for buying the Orbis is the Plusnet Router does not play very reliably with my Linn music system.

I know one solution is to buy another modem but having just bought an expensive mesh system I dont want to put more £'s into it. So if there is no solution the Orbis will have to go back and be replaced with a all-in-one modem router.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi with QNAP

So are you trying to access the QNAP from the WAN side or LAN side? 

I access my NAS from LAN side using //IPaddress that i have set static IPs ON the NAS, not reservations set ON the router.  I don't have any configurations set up for WAN side access. 

I would make contact with the QNAPs mfr for additional help and information regarding there product and how it can be connected too.

Message 2 of 4
entdgc
Aspirant

So are you trying to access the QNAP from the WAN side or LAN side? 

LAN side

I don't have any configurations set up for WAN side access. 

Me neither - been warned there is too much security risk...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yam I block all internet going to my NAS. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7