Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PC Speed Suddenly Dropped - All other devices fine

jakedp1
Aspirant

PC Speed Suddenly Dropped - All other devices fine

Hello!

I just recently purchased the Orbi RBR 850 mesh wifi system in my house. It has been running perfectly in my house up until today.

Today my gaming PC started seeing massive speed dips. It has been fluctuating between <1 mb/s to maybe ~30 mb/s when I normally get speeds between 600-700 mb/s. I confirmed via google speed test as well as speedtest.net on all other devices in my house. Everything is functioning normally besides my gaming PC. I do not have the ability to have a wired connection at the moment.

I went through the rounds with my ISP, everything is fine on their end. I checked for the latest updates/drivers for my network adapter, it is completely up to date. I have no idea why it has worked perfectly fine this past week, and it all of a sudden plummeted mid-day today.

Has anyone else had this issue, if so what did you do to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: PC Speed Suddenly Dropped - All other devices fine

If it's the only the one PC thats experiencing problems, then this device would need to be looked closer into. Be sure any network adatper drivers are up to date. Wired connections is prefered for gaming. 

Message 2 of 4
jakedp1
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. What would you suggest then to have this device more closely looked into?

The network adapters are entirely up to date as well.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the mfr of the PC or adapter for help and information regarding this. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7