Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PS4 lagging when connected to RBS850 Tower

alvarez95
Aspirant

PS4 lagging when connected to RBS850 Tower

Hello, I am connected directly to the tower RBS850 ORBI Mesh network (V3.2.16.22_1.4.9) and I seem to be lagging when online gaming.

My network plan is 300mbps download 55 upload. 

ISP COX

I used to own a different router (not a mesh) and I never had a problem with the same amount of devices connected to the router but now that I use the Mesh it is consistnely lagging. 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: PS4 lagging when connected to RBS850 Tower

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is the PS console wireless or wire connected? Wired is preferred for best gaming performance. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Set CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 4
alvarez95
Aspirant

I have them like 20 feet apart.
I am connecting the tower to the ps4 and using Wi-Fi, the performance is the same. It lags nonstop. 😞 I may have to go back to my linksys

I tried all those steps and it’s still performing the same
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

20 feet is too close to each other.  30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. Do you still get the lag if you wire connect the PS console?

WIred gaming is preferred. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7