Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Page-Not-Found delay

GWild
Guide

Page-Not-Found delay

Just upgraded from a CBK40 to a CBK752 (AC to AX). Pretty much aligned all settings the same as much as possible so the new kit would be plug and play with the rest of the network and clients.

Main issue that has developed - client settings are unchanged - is now when surfing the web I am seeing the infamous PAGE-NOT-FOUND error, then a second or two later the page populates. 

I use Google's DNS - so that hasn't changed. My Cable Provider appears to have dropped me onto a new CTMS (have been seeing a new IP block assignment). But not entirely sure that change didn't happen when I changed to a higher data plan.

Anyone ever encounter this or know of any settings I might have missed in the AX world?

Message 1 of 23

Accepted Solutions
GWild
Guide

Re: Page-Not-Found delay

CBK752 Kit returned for full refund. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

Message 22 of 23

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

This is an outstanding DNS issue that affects a subset of Orbi AX customers and no fix yet: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-frequently-issuing-DNS-REFUSED-responses/m-p/1926055

There are workarounds you can take like run Orbi in AP vs. Router mode or manually configure your clients to directly talk to your DNS provider like Google vs. the Orbi gateway IP.

Message 2 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

This on Sparklight? 

What FW version is on the CBR750? 

Message 3 of 23
GWild
Guide

Sparklight, latest available firmware.

Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status
RouterCBR750CBR750V3.2.16.18No New Firmware Available
SatelliteRBS750Orbi Satellite-1V3.2.16.22No New Firmware Available

Pretty disappointing, really. How hard can it be to make protocol stacks work propertly these days.

Then again, is the AX spec even approved yet? So silly me buying something before the ink is even dry.

Message 4 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about. Others are seeing this issue as well with the RBK AX system for those that are experiencing it. I for one have not seen this since I got my Orbi AX back in 2019. Seen other issues, just not this one. However, I use CM and CAX series modems on SparkLight. 

Seems mostly happening with users with gateway ISP modems as well. Your the first i've on on same ISP with this issue. 

Contact NG support and let them know what your seeing. Have then collect your debug logs as well. This needs to be addressed by NG. Nothing the forums can do about it. 

@Blanca_O 

Good Luck

Message 5 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

One thing to try, setting up IPv6 6to4 DNS configurations on the CBR750...

I set manual IPv4 DNS and IPv6 6to4 DNS configurations on my RBR750 since I believe @Mstrbig mentioned trying this on his system. Seem to help some. 

Message 6 of 23
GWild
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

One thing to try, setting up IPv6 6to4 DNS configurations on the CBR750...

I set manual IPv4 DNS and IPv6 6to4 DNS configurations on my RBR750 since I believe @Mstrbig mentioned trying this on his system. Seem to help some. 

The CBR750 doesn't have the 6to4 setting -- or perhaps there is a very specific combination of IPv6 settings required to enable that setting. In any case, I have Disabled and DHCP as my only options.

Message 8 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

So you don't have any IPv6 settings under Advanced tab/Advanced settings on the CBR750? 

Message 9 of 23
GWild
Guide

@FURRYe38

wrote:

So you don't have any IPv6 settings under Advanced tab/Advanced settings on the CBR750? 

Message 10 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Try using the Choose File button on a post to send the picture file. The ones using the Photo button has to be approved by a moderator. Smiley Embarassed

Message 11 of 23
GWild
Guide

Message 12 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you attach the file? 

Message 13 of 23
GWild
Guide

I did - in Message 10 of 13 ... 

Message 14 of 23
Mikey94025
Hero

Yes that is different from and only a subset of the IPv6 options my RBR850 offers:

orbi-ipv6.png

Message 15 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

So you have some IPv6 features on the CBR750 then...The 6to4 was what I was referring too...

I see you have this set up now? 

Do you also have the WAN DNS set to same manual  IPv4 DNS addresses? 

@GWild wrote:

I did - in Message 10 of 13 ... 

Message 16 of 23
GWild
Guide

Not sure, but it seems the CBR40 had more IPv6 than this CBR750. Regardless: it makes no sense having setup differences between the same class of routers that probably share source code. A CBR750 missing IPv6 settings that a CBR850 "needs" seems almost reckless. 

This is likely my last Netgear product until they get a new batch of product managers; and I'll move back to low end Cisco commercial gear for home use. Way back when - when Netgear was renowned for over heating problems - I had to give them up for a while, and tried them again with the CBR40 kit - but in reading forums, seems Netgear still hasn't learn any lessons how to cool electronics and still has overheating issues in products.

Message 17 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Well I was wondering if 6to4 configuration would help with what your seeing with your initial post regardless of the other IPv6 options. 

I've not seen any over heating issues in any NG products that I have had the opportunity to work with them. 

I guess you'll need to find something that works for you then.  

Good Luck. 

Message 18 of 23
GWild
Guide

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Well I was wondering if 6to4 configuration would help with what your seeing with your initial post regardless of the other IPv6 options. 

I've not seen any over heating issues in any NG products that I have had the opportunity to work with them. 

I guess you'll need to find something that works for you then.  

Good Luck. 

As stated above, the CBR750 does not have that 6to4 option. Or perhaps you are talking about some other method outside the router.

In the CBR750 WAN Setup - there are no DNS options. But in Internet Setup there is, and yes, it is set manually, also to GoogleDNS IPv4 servers.

And a quick search for heat related [too hot] issues I see over 3,000 threads. And personal experience, my recently purchased 10G managed switch is Netgear, it sits on a wire rack with free air all around it and I had to add a fan to keep it cool. 

Message 19 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to discuss over in the NG Switch forum then.

Good Luck. 

Message 20 of 23
GWild
Guide

Just to keep this thread current: Netgear has respond with the boiler plate reply to downgrade my firmware to levels only on the CBK752 download page - further suggesting this kit has not been patched for recent vulnerabilities, and that loading more recent firmware is a bad idea.

That, or they are clueless and grasping at straws.

Message 21 of 23
GWild
Guide

CBK752 Kit returned for full refund. Problem solved.

Message 22 of 23
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Good luck. 

Message 23 of 23
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements