Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Please Help: Orbi RBR850 dropping connection to Epson WF4830 (and HP8710)

cgantz
Aspirant

Please Help: Orbi RBR850 dropping connection to Epson WF4830 (and HP8710)

Last year, we purchased the Orbi Mesh system to extend our Wifi speeds in other areas of the house. We connected our existing printers at the time and for a period of time, everything worked fine. Then the new printer stopped working (the HP 8710 continued working fine), so we purchased a new Epson Workforce WF4830 thinking it was the printer. Again, things worked fine for a period of time, but not neither printer can be seen from our computers to print to. I've done some research, but I'm not a network engineer to know what I'm doing, nor how to change my setup to make it work. The mesh system doesn't help if it creates other problems with connecting to a printer needed for a home office. Please advise! 

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting CTS values to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 11
cgantz
Aspirant

This worked great for about a week, now we're back to non-connection to the printer. And once again, the older HP remains connected, but the new Epson is not. Any new ideas? 

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with the mfr of this printer and get support help and information regarding there product. If the other printer is working well and this one does not, something needs to be looked at on this one printer. Ask them about any firmware updates as well. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 11
cgantz
Aspirant

Thanks - I tried that and they told me it was an issue with my mesh network. Isn't this fun....

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable AX mode on 2.4Ghz only on the RBR? 

Is 20/40Mhz check boxed Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings?

What channels are you using on 2.4Ghz? Might set a manual 1, 6 or 11 and see. 

Of course, nobody wants to accept resposibility and will point fingers. Yay. 

Message 6 of 11
cgantz
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll try disabling the AX. 

I had already set my channel to 11, and 20/40 Mhz box was already checked. 

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes...

Message 8 of 11
kolella
Apprentice

have you reserved an IP on your router for the printer or have you assigned a static IP outside off the DHCP range directly on the printer? When you are not able to print can you still ping the IP of the printer? when the printer is not reachable try to print a network status page maybe it can help show some misconfiguration. The printer has also an Ethernet port have you tried to disable wifi on it and configure wired networking?
Message 9 of 11
cgantz
Aspirant

I am not a network engineer (I work in Application Administration) so configuring my network is a blindspot for me. So no, I have not assigned an IP or partitioned an IP for the printer. Frankly, I got so fed up that for now I've tethered it to the computer (my wife's workstation) until there's a better answer. I attempted to get support from Best Buy's Geek Squad and that was a waste of an hour as they re-installed the printer and an hour later it wouldn't connect again. 

If someone has some step-by-step instructions on how to properly configure it, I'm willing to give it a shot. However, I've spent so much time supporting this printer install I'm prepared to drop it off an overpass! 

Message 10 of 11
kolella
Apprentice

you don't need to be a network engineer (it's just basic know how). Is the printer near a router or satellite (a wired Ethernet connection is always better over WiFi). If yes can you connect the printer through a lan cable and configure network settings through the printer console? I think it's home button ->second icon on top ->select network settings -> wifi recommended -> other...

maybe it's just enough to plug in the Ethernet cable and disable WiFi with the above sequence
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7