Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Possible reason for ORBI Satellite Open Network (2.4g or 5g)

fangruoyuan
Guide

Possible reason for ORBI Satellite Open Network (2.4g or 5g)

As I mentioned earlier, this open network(2.4g or 5g) could happen in(wired backhaul configuration)

1.RBR850 lose internet connection(even for a few seconds) while the satellite is sync at the same time result 5g or 2.4g open network.

2. You reboot RBR850 and RBS850 at the same time, while the RBR850 is still warming and RBS850 is ready to sync, then open network.

My point is this bug exists for a year, and the thing is probably that rbs850 detect RBR850 is not connecting internet at this moment ,then open network, very strange logic. When RBR850 is connected to internet,RBS850 still open 5g network.

The only way to do now is to change the 2.4g and 5g channel, maybe you need to change area aslo, then wait for sync ,after you see WPA2 network, then change the channel back to what you want.

But the best way is to let NG support know this big bug.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Possible reason for ORBI Satellite Open Network (2.4g or 5g)

I would factory rest the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch with 1 RBS at a time wirelessly connecting. Making sure the security mode is WPA-AES on the RBS status page. Once the RBS is synced correctly, try connecting them via ethernet 1 at a time. Making sure the security status is WPA-AES on the RBS status page.

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 9.50.06 PM.png

I would make contact with NG support and let them know what your having problems with. If there is a problem, they will need to be informed about it.No body else has reported this as well. If this has been happening to you for a year, you should have contacted NG support a bit sooner. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7