Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Purchasing wifi 6 model RBK753S-100NAS at costco

dadorknight
Follower

Purchasing wifi 6 model RBK753S-100NAS at costco

I am considering purchasing this model at Costco and have a few dumb questions. 

Model 

RBK753S-100NAS

1. I have the older Alexa enabled Orbi Satellite. Does this pose any problems with that one like degrading the speed of the network or not working at all?

2. How many ethernet ports does each satellite have? Need a couple just in case.

3. Any reason to buy the Armor included trial?
Message 1 of 5
ant
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Purchasing wifi 6 model RBK753S-100NAS at costco

@dadorknight wrote:

Model 

RBK753S-100NAS

2. How many ethernet ports does each satellite have? Need a couple just in case.

I can answer your #2 question since I also got this model from Costco with its $70 sale. Each satellite has two network ports. And you might want to read its online documentations: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK753.aspx#docs which help!

Message 2 of 5
larryindublin
Luminary

I can't answer #1 about compatability with other satelites except to say the RBK753 has Wifi-6 and the older Orbi's don't. Not sure if it can work if you turn off the 802.11AX functionality.

#2 has been answered, so on to #3. I have liked having Armor, enough so that I paid to renew it. It gives me right to install Bitdefender Total Security on all my Android, IOS, and Windows devices and in addition protects everything connected to my network. Now there have been some false positives, and I can't tell you if there have been any false negatives, but all in all I would need a decent solution for my windows devices (not ready to trust Windows Defender fully yet).

The nice thing about Costco is they will let you return it if it breaks or just doesn't meet your needs.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You can ethernet connect Orbi AC Satellites to Orbi AX. 

Message 4 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@dadorknight wrote:

Model 

RBK753S-100NAS

1. I have the older Alexa enabled Orbi Satellite. Does this pose any problems with that one like degrading the speed of the network or not working at all?

1. the Orbi Voice would only work in Extender mode, as it is not compatible with the RBK753s system. As far as speed, it will be slower than the other nodes, but it would not hinder the overall speed.

2. was answered

3. I never liked Armor as it causes issues with certain websites.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7