Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK753 and garden room

RBK753 and garden room

Recently purchased a orbi RBK753. Easy to setup and well impressed with WiFi and overall service. 
we are currently have a garden room built at the top of the garden around 20m from the main house. I've tried speed check of the back of the nearest satellite and I'm getting around 30mbps. I'm looking for a faster speed. Rather than running an Ethernet cable from my router which is upstairs around the house, could I add a satellite in my garage connected to the orbi router wirelessly, then run a cable from the garage satellite down to the garden room. Would it work, we are running electrics from the garage anyway so can run the Ethernet cable along side. 

just wondering what the best option would be. I see you can get an external orbi but can I add that to my current setup 

thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753 and garden room

Yes you could do that from the garage to the remote room. One could add a RBS750 or EAX80 as an extender and then connect ethernet cable from the EAX80 to the remote room.

Message 2 of 4

thanks for the reply, so connecting RBS750 or EAX80 to the nearest Satillite wirelessly? I only need wifi in there really but want a decent connection. would that work? 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you want best signal I would put a RBS or EX in the garage area, then run a CAT6 or 6A out to the remote room and either place a RBS or EX there connected to the other end of the LAN cable. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7