Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK753 from Costco

HawaiianJesse
Follower

RBK753 from Costco

I have been having nothing but issues with this mesh setup. I have a typical 2020 smarthome with about 80+ devices (bulbs, FireTV, cameras, speakers, assistants, phones, printer, etc) and even with 1 Fire TV streaming, I see more lag than I did with my Asus Mesh (AC68U) with just one mesh node compared to the 3 Orb nodes. I've read that this mesh network can handle 40 devices (250 max) before you experience slowdowns. What I can't seem to find is this:

Does the RBK750 support OFDMA?
Is it 40 connections PER NODE or total?
Is there a way to have the nodes handoff clients based on signal strength to a particular node?
Where are the finer firewall settings?

Thanks in advance!
Jesse
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

@HawaiianJesse wrote:
I have been having nothing but issues with this mesh setup. I have a typical 2020 smarthome with about 80+ devices (bulbs, FireTV, cameras, speakers, assistants, phones, printer, etc) and even with 1 Fire TV streaming, I see more lag than I did with my Asus Mesh (AC68U) with just one mesh node compared to the 3 Orb nodes. I've read that this mesh network can handle 40 devices (250 max) before you experience slowdowns. What I can't seem to find is this:
https://kb.netgear.com/31097/How-many-devices-can-my-Orbi-system-support

Does the RBK750 support OFDMA? No. 
Is it 40 connections PER NODE or total? I don't know for sure. There should be a balance however depends on placement of the RBS from the RBR and each other. Wireless clients pick and choose where they connect too. Wifi Mesh doesn't do this. 
Is there a way to have the nodes handoff clients based on signal strength to a particular node? No. 
Where are the finer firewall settings? No. 

Thanks in advance!
Jesse

Message 2 of 4
AniDutta
Apprentice

https://kb.netgear.com/000059685/What-is-Orthogonal-Frequency-Division-Multiple-Access

OFDMA is part of Wifi6 standard. I'm guessing the Wifi6 orbi systems has this by default. @netgear Can you please confirm?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

From that article:

This article applies to:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation