Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK753S update - Rock solid in terms of speed and stability since updating to 3.2.18.1 & CTS = 2347

njweb
Luminary

RBK753S update - Rock solid in terms of speed and stability since updating to 3.2.18.1 & CTS = 2347

Since I had some issues early on, right after I got my RBK753S, I wanted to share some very positive news, as requested:

• Wifi stability - I have not noticed any wifi disconnects across devices ever since upgrading to 3.2.18.1 the second time and setting CTS / RTS to 2347 (the latter for throughput reasons), over 2 weeks ago. Note - I also let it auto detect IPv6 connection type again (this switched it from '6to4 tunnel' to 'DHCP', which may have helped stability.
  • Wifi speeds - Also wifi speeds have been very consistent with my Netgear A7000 AC1900 wifi adapter.

Based on this, I sold my old RBK53 since I am now really happy and very confident in my RBK753S.

Now, if Netgear would just let us choose whether to enable or disable firmware auto updates, so I can choose when to update my firmware...

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK753S update - Rock solid in terms of speed and stability since updating to 3.2.18.1 & CTS

Thanks for letting us know. Glad all is working well now. Be sure to save off a new backup configuration to file. Saves time if a reset is needed. 
Enjoy. 

Message 2 of 5
njweb
Luminary

Re: RBK753S update - Rock solid in terms of speed and stability since updating to 3.2.18.1 & CTS

I had manually downgraded from 3.2.18.1 to 3.2.17.x; several days later it updated to 3.2.18.1 automatically, which surprised me given that they used to stop automatic updates once a user had performed a manual firmware update.
Message 3 of 5
njweb
Luminary

Just updated my internet plan to 1200 Mbps down.

Rebooting modem now. 

Will be interesting to see wifi speeds...

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know what you observe...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7