Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK852 Nat loopback bug on satellite

phusebox
Guide

Maybe if they monitored their forum they would have noticed my bug report months ago.

I am done with this set. The mesh range is mediocre, the software is miles behind other brands and then there is these issues...
Message 26 of 31
xtbe
Guide

Hi,

Thanks for the help!

How do I get into the router, read that the telnet option is removed from the debug page. Should I use the script on Github that was mentioned in some other thread?

Thanks again.

Regards,

/Tom

Message 27 of 31
xtbe
Guide

Folled the advice to execute

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables

As soon as I did that the problem was solved. I can now connect to my DDNS address from my cabled connection

Thanks for the advice!

Regards,

/Tom

Message 28 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

The GS116 switch is a managed switch also has the following that seems to be incompatible with Orbi systems:

• Energy Effi cient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
support for maxium power savings

One would need to remove this switch and try a different NON managed NON green ethernet switch to test.

I currently use D-Link DGS105/108 switches and see no problems with Orbi AX. Also have HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work fine as well. These are non managed/green ethernet switches.

@xtbe wrote:

This sounds more or less to the issue I have.

I set up port forwarding to one of my pc's and set up DDNS. When I access from within the same network the DDNS address it works. However the RBK852 is to a GS116eV2. Every device that is connected to the GS116eV2 can't reach the DDNS address. 

Additional info when I directly connect a GS105 switch and connect a pc to that one, then it works.

So it would look that there's something wrong or missing with the GS116eV2 but after reading this thread I'm not sure if the cause is the switch of the RBK852. 

Thanks for any advice, hint, tip.

Message 29 of 31
xtbe
Guide

@FURRYe38 Thanks for the additional insight.

I did check those features on the GS116eV2 and they were not turned on and as indicated executing the statement aboven did resolve the issue.

Let's see if that makes it in to the next firmware or not (as I understood this is being tested now). If it makes it I guess this was an issue. If not it means that the suggested command in this thread is not a good solution or causes another issue. I think I will need to follow your advice then and replace the switch with a non-managed/green one.

Thanks again!

Message 30 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to let NG know about this or keep in contact with them. 

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7