Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 firmware 3.2.16.6 question

dmw_2
Guide

RBK852 firmware 3.2.16.6 question

I see that the release notes say this version now - Supports enabling or disabling the wireless 11AX mode on 2G or 5G separately - but I would appreciate some clarification.  Being unfamiliar with exactly how or if 11AX differs from the various earlier wifi versions of Orbi I have used (presently on RBR50 and RBS50 x2) does this mean you can now switch off the 5G signal completely if you need to?  For instance while trying to connect a 2G only device?  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 firmware 3.2.16.6 question

Oribi WiFi 5 is AC mode supporting, this is just a wifi mode that supports higher speed than WiFi 4 or N mode. AX is wifi 6 thats just a mode that supports higher speeds than AC does. The support of disabling of AX mode is only disabling of the mode on either radio, not the radio themselves. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Oribi WiFi 5 is AC mode supporting, this is just a wifi mode that supports higher speed than WiFi 4 or N mode. AX is wifi 6 thats just a mode that supports higher speeds than AC does. The support of disabling of AX mode is only disabling of the mode on either radio, not the radio themselves. 

Message 2 of 4
dmw_2
Guide

Thank you for that explanation which I understand, David

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors