Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 AND RBS850 SATELLITE CONNECTION STATUS

Yncsss02
Aspirant

RBK853 AND RBS850 SATELLITE CONNECTION STATUS

I am trying to figure out if there is an issue with my system. I have only had it a few week. When I log into each satellite it shows that the connection status between the router and the satellite is blue on the 5 ghz side, but gray (not connected I assume on the 2.4 GHZ. I cannot locate an explanation or legend for this screen at Netgear, so I was hoping someone could explain it to me and let me know if this is an issue.  Here is a screen shot of the issue or maybe not.BDEE6CFB-A094-4C58-8546-89A2180B6469.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK853 AND RBS850 SATELLITE CONNECTION STATUS

Do you have wifi devies connectes to both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz? 

Maintly the blue wifi connection sigifies that the wireless backhaul is going over 5Ghz which is by default and design. Even if you have 2.4 Ghz devices connected at the RBS, there data will flow over the 5Ghz backhaul. 

Message 2 of 4
Yncsss02
Aspirant

I have both 2.4 and 5 ghz devices connected. They are showing in the “attached devices” section. I am just concerned that there may be an issue with my unit and I can return it to get another one.

I believe all bands should be blue, vice gray...unless I am missing something.
Message 3 of 4
Chuck_M
Mentor

Your satellite and router are working properly.

The 2.4g section is grayed out because you are using 5G as the backhaul (click on Connected devices to verify!)

Both backhaul bands should NOT be blue, only the one you are using which is 5G.

If you had wired backhaul, the entire first section would be greyed out.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7